Yale 6000 series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, in desperate need of help. After 4 years my Yale WiFi base unit is playing up and for th past 24h it intermittently bleeps with all the keys lit up. The bleeping should like a texting tone
and last for a minute then goes off for an hour or two them starts again, no mater what l press the keys do not work until it returns to normal
No fault comes up, no low battery alert, no tamper but something is wrong , any help at all would be much appreciated

Thanks Ken

epe

Sponsored Links
You say it is wifi?

What model number is it?

Post a pic of the control panel showing the text display, please.

Thanks John

Got a new back door going on, hence door sensor showing
Its ok right now but!

Attachments

• 20210409_101127.jpg
    20210409_101127.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
the 6400 is, IMO, quite a good low-price DIY system, but I don't consider it to be wifi. It is wireless.

The fault light indicates you should page through the log, note all messages down, and clear them. Can you do that? What messages are in the log?

unfortunately the control panel is highly regarded, and attracts good prices on ebay if you want a replacement.

Take the batteries out of all the devices in case one of them is doing something odd (each of them contains a transmitter). "Jamming" signals are very rare, but not impossible if you are close to a radio transmitter, an arc welder, a baby alarm or something. In this case the jamming will stop if you take the panel off the wall and carry it out of range, or plug it in at a friend's house. We have never had anybody on here with personal experience of a high-tech burglar deliberately trying to jam one of these alarms, though the hypothetical possibility is often raised.

It's possible there is an electronics fault.

You could try disconnecting the power supply, and turning off the backup battery (the switch if under a small white or grey rubber plug on the back which is removable) and see if it resets. If either the standby battery or the power supply are faulty, you can use replacements. I have no idea how to repair any other part. After disconnecting the power supply, the battery will keep it live for (IIRC) around 8 hours. It is possible to fit a replacement batttery; either a Yale original, or a Tamiya type which is cheaper. You will have to solder the connector if you use a non-original.

If not, you can do a factory reset (instructions are in the manual) but this will lose all its settings and you will have to learn-in all the accessories. if you do not have the manual I can look it up.

Many thanks again John, you are right, it is wireless.
Not thought about the control box.
We l did but was not keen to open it up!
Will have a look as hopefully fine what’s wrong.
Is there anyway l can switch it off completly( so we can get some sleep please!

We have never had anybody on here with personal experience of a high-tech burglar deliberately trying to jam one of these alarms, though the hypothetical possibility is often raised.

If personal experience includes being well informed about such incidents then there are at least two people who have mentioned such experience on this forum.

unplug it from the mains, and either wait for the battery to go flat, or turn off the battery switch

I have an idea the battery can be removed through a screw-down hatch, around five inches by two, but I might be thinking of a different model.

We have never had anybody on here with personal experience of a high-tech burglar deliberately trying to jam one of these alarms

being well informed

that means "heard of it"

I've heard of men walking on the moon.

which is not the same as having experienced it.

So is not "personal experience"

I have personal experience of an intruder trying to break into my house by kicking the back door down. He failed. His chosen tool was a size 12 boot. Not at all high tech. I hear that in your village you have a better class of burglar.

I've heard of men walking on the moon.

which is not the same as having experienced it.

And you ( almost certainly ) haven't spoken to one of the men who walked on the moon.

I have spoken with some people who have investigated burglaries where wireless alarms were jammed to enable entry without the alarm sounding.

I'm amazed that you know people with valuable-enough possessions to attract a pre-planned attach by a technically adept professional housebreaker, and only spent £180 on a DIY Yale alarm. What bad luck!

Round my way the teenage coke-heads can only manage to lob a brick through a window.

Like I said, your village has a better class of burglar.

Round my way the teenage coke-heads can only manage to lob a brick through a window.

shows teenagers (?) stealing a car. Google "relay car theft".

In many of these thefts the equipment is "loaned" to the "teenage coke-heads" who then steal cars on the orders of the criminals who loan out the equipment.

Didn’t mean to start a key board war, would just like some help.
For close to 24h it never made a sound. Batteries and all sensors working, now it’s all started again, the lights come on the main board and it sounds like it’s texting every few minutes, driving us mad.
Even called the Yale help line, still waiting for a reply.
If they don’t get back to me and we get a solution l think it will have to come out.
Any help at all would be very, very welcome
Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back