Yale Apartment Easy Fit Kit 4 - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Yale EF4 Apartment Kit, with an additional PIR and two additional window/door sensors - about two and a half years old now.

Purchased in Dec 2015 it has been operating perfectly since I installed it.

However, recently it has started acting faulty since I changed the batteries. I replaced them all across the system in the alarm box and in the PIRs and sensors and the keypad approx 6 weeks ago.
Since doing this, it operated fine, until this week when the alarm box has started emitting a single beep, seemingly at random.

There are no red battery warning lights visibile on any PIRs or sensors, the keypad isnt indicating low batteries and I cant imagine the alarm box is low on battery already, seeing as the brand new ones were put in so recently.
Today the alarm has gone off by itself whilst I am not home - obviously we cant have this happening (unless we are being burgled! god forbid!)
We have no pets, and nothing should cause the alarm to go off - as I say, its worked flawlessly for over two years.

Can anyone advise what the random single beeps from the alarm box actually mean....there is nothing in the manual that says what this indicates.

Also, is it possible to completely reset the alarm box and sensors back to factory settings, forgetting all learned devices so that I can reinstall it all from scratch? Maybe the memory of the unit is corrupted?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back