Yale House Alarm beeping every 30 seconds

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

New here, so just a simple question. I have a Yale wireless house alarm.

It is quiet most of the time, but now and then the amber light goes and it beeps every 30 seconds. When it beeps and I go into the fault log the displayed message is "IR Bedroom Left - Low Battery" and "AC Failure".

Has anyone ever had this issue before and knows how to fix it?

Thanks,
Michael

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have unplugged the power supply unit. (AC failure)

Have you lost the instruction book? Clear the fault log once you have resolved the problems.

When are you going to replace the low battery in the PIR?

Thanks for the reply JohnD.

To confirm, AC Failure also appears on screen when I scroll down.

When we bought our house the previous owner left the alarm here but not the instruction booklet, so kinda stuck there.

I replaced the battery in the Yale alarm, but not the PIR sensor, would replacing the battery in it potentially resolve this issue?

Its literally telling u that the battery in the infrared detector in the bedroom has a low battery, what more do u want

Sponsored Links
The AC adapter in the wall socket could be on the way out, is it a heavy unit.

I replaced our wireless Wickes alarm like for like but left the old power supply in and it ended up the transformer was intermittently faulty even though it tested good with multimeter.

As said though first job is to change battery in sensor.

Thanks all for the advice. I very much appreciate it all.

I've replaced the batteries in the sensor. The Yale alarm is still showing an amber light with the "IR Bedroom Left - Low Battery" message but not beeping (at least for now, there's been many moments it didn't beep and then started again all of a sudden).

The AC Adapter is not much heavier than your usual plug, but I'd be willing to look at it. Is there any way I can check if it's on the way out? Not too tech savvy on that one to be honest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back