Yale HSA6400 Control Panel Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Thought I'd ask here before phoning Yale Support in the morning.

I've fitted a number of these for friends and family over the years and never had any issues, however one of my friends control panel has just started randomly beeping. Not the usual beep every couple of minutes to show of a low battery on a sensor or an AC fault, this beeps intermittently, like 5 or 6 beeps one after the other, then nothing for 30 seconds and then another few.
At first the control panel wouldn't do a factory reset, then I removed the internal battery for a bit and re-tried and it done a factory reset. All was good for two days but now randomly started again. No faults showing on the fault log and tried a different power lead but still the same.
Thought it may of been the internal battery, it's only 2 years old but even with the battery removed and running just of the AC plug, it had stopped for a number of hours and then started again.

TIA

Sponsored Links
don't really do Yale alarms did Yale Tech sort you out be good for the forum, JohnD is your man for Yale on here

Hi, did you get any joy from Yale on this? Our unit started doing the same thing which was driving us crazy. I managed to get into the programming menu at one point and I could see that the unit thought the up button was being pressed (the menu was scrolling while I was looking at it but not touching). Occasionally I can get it to stop for a while by pressing that button vigorously a few times but it always comes back. I would love to find a fix for this.

Sponsored Links
sticky buttons, devices needs new membranes/ keys/ or cleaning.

please be aware products should be down powered when cleaning and consult manufacture for advice on suitable products and process.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back