Yale Wireless HSA6400 isn't truly wireless. Options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this alarm about 15 months ago, and am finally getting round to installing it. I know. Kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

It turns out that the control unit needs mains power, and to be connected to the phone line if you want the calling feature. I assumed it was truly wireless hence buying it.

So now, if I want to put the control unit behind the door out of sight, the lead isn't long enough. Is it possible to buy a plug with a longer cable for this model?

Or is there a wifi and wireless version of a control unit I could buy to replace the current one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is impossible to power the control panel via wireless technology without creating a hazard for people close to the source that is transmitting power to the control panel

You could extend the ELV ( 9 volt ) lead between the power supply ( built into the 13 amp plug ) and the control unit.

To make phone calls it has to have access to a phone line.

It is impossible to power the control panel via wireless technology without creating a hazard for people close to the source that is transmitting power to the control panel

You could extend the ELV ( 9 volt ) lead between the power supply ( built into the 13 amp plug ) and the control unit.

To make phone calls it has to have access to a phone line.

Thanks bernard

Are extension leads available for that type of lead? I've tried googling but can't find anything. I'm loathed to put an extension from mains to the plug as it will be unsightly and a trip hazard.

Is this the one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-Qual...=1431791364&sr=8-5&keywords=9v+extension+lead

Sponsored Links
You can put the control panel anywhere in your house that is convenient. It does not need to be near the front door, and is better hidden away from likely points of entry, for example upstairs.

You can get a wireless keypad accessory and put it, out of sight, near your front door, or in a place that you can walk to within 20 seconds, to use on entry and exit. It is about the size of a small pocket calculator. It is the one included in the 6200 kit, but also available separately, and comes with a circular housing to screw it to a wall or door. It is about £30 at IronmongeryDirect and others. You can put one by the back door as well if you want.

Note that with the 6400 alarm, "Easyfit" accessories are not compatible. You need devices with a part no. beginning with "6"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back