YANAT - Wired GSM Alarm system with Wireless capability?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for Yet another New Alarm Thread!
I'm looking for a wired alarm system to cover a bungalow, attached garage, and 3 distant sheds.
I want one, centralised control panel to cover all sensors. Getting wires to the sheds is a long term plan, but not currently possible.

Part of the bungalow is a largish ( 10m x 3m) mostly single glazed (some double glazed) & roofed old conservatory with large windows & doors, that I want to protect as well, but nervous of PIR in that area, so thinking a microphone based glass breakage sensor maybe?

I'd picked up 2 x HSA6200 wireless systems (£40 each on clearance) on the spur of the moment, but having had a look at the RF interference in the area with a spectrum analyser, can see that there is a lot of stuff already in the 433Mhz frequency, but the 868MHz is a lot clearer, so thinking wired for main and wireless at 868 for distant stuff.

I'm therefore looking for a Wired, Telecommuting alarm which can also support circa 4 wireless sensors. If I can piggy back a relay into the control panel box so that I can co-locate a Raspberry Pi/arduino to IOT any alarm signals activations, that would be greatly appreciated as well. Then I could add 2 way audio solution & camera activation via a custom DIY solution later.

Looking at DIY installation, purchase budget of £200 if possible for the main control panel, siren, and 4 PIR/4 Contact, then adding other stuff. I'm aware that this might be a big ask.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Too big ... Unless you want to try some cheap Chinese unbranded , non supported , tat
Texecom premier with wireless expander , there are some kit prices around try alert electrical web site for some prices

Well, I've just had a really big think about this, and worked out the "ideal" vision and the "basic starting point".
The vision is 18 zones covering 28 wired sensors, and 3 wireless sensors each in their own zone.
The starting point is 3 PIR, 1 DT, and 15 magnetic contacts, nothing remote.
I'm in discussions with a local Texecom normally supplier and fitter to see if they will do supply side only at reasonable costs which they seem amenable to, on the condition that no support post delivery!

Well, we guessed it was coming.
I haven't fitted one yet, and came home today to find someone had tried to break into our garage. Thankfully, they didn't get in, but they damaged lots trying to get in.
Bastards

Sponsored Links
Try security warehouse for the texecom kit. Cheapest I found by far

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back