Yet another cordless power tool question

Maybe subject to import duty if from USA, and no warranty
Now it's Customs Clearance charges, possibly import duty and 20% VAT on top of everything else. TBH there often isn't much in it between buying in the UK and importing if you need to pay the charges.

In addition the charger will also require 115/120 volt 60Hz mains power (UK is 230 volt 50Hz), although most USA chargers will run off a UK building site transformer if you swap to a BS.4343/CEE type-17 110 volt 16A plug.

Sponsored Links
Well, he's a bit shouty, but he and his mate Clevitt do some really informative stuff. So overall a (y)

If anyone is looking for a lot of power & runtime then I can recommend the new procore batteries from bosch

Sponsored Links
Now it's Customs Clearance charges, possibly import duty and 20% VAT on top of everything else. TBH there often isn't much in it between buying in the UK and importing if you need to pay the charges.

In addition the charger will also require 115/120 volt 60Hz mains power (UK is 230 volt 50Hz), although most USA chargers will run off a UK building site transformer if you swap to a BS.4343/CEE type-17 110 volt 16A plug.

Well it was a facebook scam, which fun as it was didnt help me at all
And the auction site was a waste of timeas even though i was the winning bidder the auction just ended without me being the winner. ( and no bid sniping is allowed so it wasnt that)
back to the drawing board

I think I'd be wary of dealing with anything on an auction site outside of the UK. I have bought stuff through eBay USA a few times, but normally only from people with a high feedback and preferably a business with a verifiable bricks and mortar address. Even then I've had the odd issue for which PayPal seems to be quite good these days (albeit not as good as using a credit card only, though).

There's an old saying that goes, "If something sems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true"

Another thing to consider, if the vendor isn't an authorised dealer you may not gain the advantage from an extended warrenty

I think I'd be wary of dealing with anything on an auction site outside of the UK. I have bought stuff through eBay USA a few times, but normally only from people with a high feedback and preferably a business with a verifiable bricks and mortar address. Even then I've had the odd issue for which PayPal seems to be quite good these days (albeit not as good as using a credit card only, though).

There's an old saying that goes, "If something sems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true"

The auction site is uk based - its a proper auction house.
The prices were not bad- cheap enough to make it worthwhile.

Oh I definitely agree about it being 2 good to be true. still I had some fun wasting his time lol.

I think I will end up buying from amazon in the end as they seem to be cheapest for individual items

So it turns out I have won the following DEWALT DCF787N-SFXJ plus battery, DCH033 SDS drill plus battery and DSC 391 saw and battery.
So I am kind of committed to Dewalt now. The last thing ( and most important one) I need is drill driver. Torn between the DCD 796 drill or the DCD 996 drill.
I know the 996 is more powerful but as I now have the DCH033 I will just be using it as a screw gun for most of the time so it doesnt seem worth the extra money and weight?
Any thoughts?

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...wer-tool-question.583397/page-2#ixzz7HK8N7UXb

you do not need the 966 in diy light to medium trade use the 796 will be fine it may take a bit longer but the weight saving is more important than the option to go heavy heavy power for perhaps no more than 5% off its life

Many thanks big all, that was my thinking- I will have the sds and also mains powered drill so my thinking was a 796 p1 kit so I have a good 5ah battery as I am unsure what I got with the auction site.

So final(ish update)
I bought a 796p1 brand new and two days ago received the impact driver, saw and SDS each complete with a 3ah battery.
All looked very slightly used but no scratches etc.
Batteries were dead- no worries, checked the were all working with the 5ah. They were. All good
Went to put them on charge but the charger stayed blank on all of them. Not Good.
But a quick google and youtube showed me to " reset" the batteries and away they charged.
So all good considering all 3 came to just under £260 inc vat and postage.
Think I need to tighten the belt now though. Althoug a multi tool at the right price would be nice.
Thanks for all your help .

with the multitool only get it with all the blades and fittings like extraction duct'depth stop'sanding pad etc as its far cheaper than bare tool and fittinngs pack

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back