You guys know of any portable batteries with lot's of power?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

I'm new here and really glad to of found these forums

I was just wondering if you know of any small portable battery that can fit into the palm of a hand that is affordable and able to power something from 300-500 watts for around 15-25 minutes? Is there anything like that on the market?

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hey Guys,
I was just wondering if you know of any small portable battery that can fit into the palm of a hand that is affordable and able to power something from 300-500 watts for around 15-25 minutes? Is there anything like that on the market?
Have a look at some of the model engineering sites.
There are some nice battery packs for electric model aircraft with amazing power/weight ratio BUT they are not cheap!

Frank

Well if you said 10 volts, you'd want 50 amps for 15 minutes, it would be about 1/4 to 1/2 the size of a car battery.

Try here

Guys, many thanks for all the replies

Well if you said 10 volts, you'd want 50 amps for 15 minutes, it would be about 1/4 to 1/2 the size of a car battery.

Try here

Hello oilman

May I ask you, what will 50 amp convert to in watts???

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
what will 50 amp convert to in watts

500watts which is what you wanted @10volts

Google watts law:

watts=volts x amps

so it it were 5 volts you would need 100amps for 15mins or 400Ah

What are you actually powering?

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back