you know you're old when......

In the end, its the brushes worn and stuck in their holders, a quick rummage through my stockpile of old redundant bits and bobs, and a gentle bodge with a couple of files and a screwdriver, and hey presto! two new brushes and one very happy Flymo :LOL: Just gotta run it over the lawn to bed in the brushes and just hope that the sparks dont set fire to the grass ;)

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
hey... despite the fact Ban and I have history about 'accidents'... I have to stress I did actuall y do my kegel exercises!!
So this isn't you then...

little-wet4.jpg
dg10213.jpg

Dellsmp said:
In the end, its the brushes worn and stuck in their holders, a quick rummage through my stockpile of old redundant bits and bobs, and a gentle bodge with a couple of files and a screwdriver, and hey presto! two new brushes and one very happy Flymo
Ah - electric.

Free yourself from the cable - get one with an engine..

Just gotta run it over the lawn to bed in the brushes and just hope that the sparks dont set fire to the grass ;)
If your grass is anything like mine, napalm couldn't set it on fire at the moment..... :)

Any petrol mower would get from one side of my lawn to the other in 5 seconds flat :)
A small flymo is all I need for my little patch, however my in-laws have 1/3 acre which I have to mow :( they have a petrol Honda which starts first time year after year and is boringly reliable :confused:
Tried to persuade them to get a ride on a few years back, but why should they when I've got perfectly good legs :eek:
And yes the grass is a little damp right now, bugger to cut, some of the old moss is a tad flammable tho ;)

Sponsored Links
Dellsmp said:
Any petrol mower would get from one side of my lawn to the other in 5 seconds flat :)
:?: They don't all move any faster than you push them :?:

A small flymo is all I need for my little patch, however my in-laws have 1/3 acre which I have to mow
Get a dog.

they have a petrol Honda which starts first time year after year and is boringly reliable :confused:
Ask anybody who's ever sweated over a pull-start mower that just won't start if reliable is boring....

And yes the grass is a little damp right now, b*****r to cut
I've got clay soil - could grow rice at the far end of my "lawn" in the rainy season....

Sponsored Links
Back