You Learn Something New Every Day

It's not an excuse, I don't actually think it's a problem. The fact it seems to upset people is surely their problems. Even if the moderation policy on here was actually good, I wouldn't think it's going to become my problem any time soon.

Sponsored Links
They were secured, they came adrift.
I've sorted it now.
I was just interested in the internal circuitry of the panel that caused a tamper alarm to sound even though the tamper loop was not broken.

They were secured, they came adrift.
I've sorted it now.
I was just interested in the internal circuitry of the panel that caused a tamper alarm to sound even though the tamper loop was not broken.
Could be that the 4k resistors or whatever is built into the alarm at either end of the loop. So you can either break the connection to set it off, or short the loop to either rail of the supply. It makes sense to detect any connection of the loop to somewhere it shouldn't be connected to in case you were actually a burglar doing surgery on the alarm box.

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with it .....
Tamper loops are a negative loop
Alarm loops positive loop
If you short them together you will get a tamper
Most speakers on alarm panels use a common positive and a switched - for the speaker drive
Your tamper loop probably touched the positive hence the tamper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back