Your Photo on anothers gas safe card !!!! WTF, Installer mag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WTF is going on here, I see in the installer mag (Dear Editors page )that gas safe seem to be issuing other companies with someone elses photo on a card, all they need to do is pay £500.00 for the privelige, how ridiculous.........

Sponsored Links
Yep I saw it as well just goes to show what a load of sh*t the whole set up is.
Maybee we all should bocott the whole process untill we can have a choice of who we register with instead of being stuck in a monopoly.

I have not seen this article but why would someone want to pay £500 to have someone else's photo on a gas card?

Tony

Sponsored Links
the article relates to a non RGI firm using the details of one of their sub contractors to join GSR and effectively become registered to do gas work, i think the issue was that the firm didnt discuss it with the guy but simply applied to become GSR and gave his details as their gas guy, GSR say it isnt their responsibility to tell the guy it had happened as it is the firms responsibility to seek permission first, seems like a bit of a con that has caught GSR out and this is what they have come up with

I think I have read about that on Gas-News. Possibly the RGI concerned alerted them.

Well thats quite within the G-S rules so totally legitimate. As long as ALL the gas work is done by the guy then there is no problem.

He does not even have to be registered in his own right either! It lends a lot of credibility to builders and kitchen fitting firms.

The danger of course is that the firm is then tempted to do gas work without involving him.

If he disagrees with that all he needs to do is get the registration cancelled by advising G-S that he no longer works for that firm.

He could never do CP12s without knowing they have registered as he would have to ues "their" number.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back