Zafria 1.6 petrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have got a zafria b 1.6 petrol 2005 and last night I broke down. I called RAC out and they told me it was the fuel pump can someone please tell me if I can get to it from under my back seats or if I have to take fuel tank off and if I do is it hard to take off. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Lift the rear seat base out, and if you can see an access hole covered with a plastic plug then you're in luck.....pretty sure the tank has to be dropped on these though.
John :)

Sponsored Links
If the tank has to be dropped, personally I'd get a garage to do it on their hoist......it's very heavy and you need to disconnect the filler and breather from the side. The tank may be bolted or strapped to the vehicle underside and when it's coming clear you'll need another hand to unplug the wiring connection.
It'll help if you have the fuel level really low when you take it in!

Thanks burnerman do u no how much it will be roughly. I had a look at the tank this morning and it looked really hard to disconnect it and really big. Thanks again for your help

I'd expect a bill for around 3 to 4 hours work, but just maybe the pump can be replaced without dropping the tank completely out - I really wouldn't know. Any independent garage could do this for you......it's not a main dealer job necessarily.

I suppose the RAC man checked the fuses and relays before condemning the pump? No fuel does not always have to be pump failure.

Hi Dave Herns the RAC didn't check any fuses or relays before condemning the pump. When the RAC came out to be i was bout 5 mile away from home and the car started again and let me drive home but once i gt home and turned it off it kept cutting out after that

Sponsored Links
Back