Zannusi WDJ1294 not spinning since bang tripped fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a WDJ 1284 washer dryer made by zanussi it was working ok ,now and again it would trip the fuse box but if we left it overnight it always seemed to work fine the next day .The other day I tried to put it on to spin dry and it started spinning when suddenly there was a bang/pop sound (no smoke or burning smell) which tripped the fuse box .now when It still powers on but won't spin at all.

Help :)

Sponsored Links
It's buggered. Whatever was gradually failing and causing the trips has now finished failing.

My guess is that you aren't the sort of person whose first instinct is to open it up and start looking for faults, or you wouldn't have posted what you did.

AFAICT that model could well be donkeys years old, and beyond economical repair if you have to pay someone to fix it.

Most likely the tub seam splitting apart causing a slight leak onto the motor but as ban all says its to old too consider spending money on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back