Zanuusi ZWF 1430 s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
When door switches fail they have an annoying habit of taking the pcb with it (the same could happen if any of the other electrical components shorted out). When you changed the switch did you inspect the connector plug & wiring for signs of overheating? And have you inspected the pcb for signs of damage? If not it may pay to take a peek before ordering anything else. P.S. the link was a little amputated for some reason.

Just dug out the PCB and the tracks look fine but a blue component on the board has scorch marks around it and several other components look nice and scorched. Circuit boards all new to me so only going off my limited knowledge. What do you think new pcb or new machine?

I think I'll leave that decision up to you. But it never hurts to check prices or the possibility of getting the pcb repaired. That only costs a couple of phone calls or a quick google. Shop around & see what you can dig up...then make your mind up. At least you'll be doing your bit to help save the planet if you do decide to go for a repair. Be sure to quote the machine PNC number when asking for a quote & if you do buy a new pcb make sure it is already configured...some older types aren't! :D

Sponsored Links
That's the spirit ranceoconnor! Check out the great links Leccy kindly posted :cool:

The PCB was blown beyond repair and the cheapest I can find a new one for is £142.00. No where has an old one. Think it has to be a new washing machine before the clothes mountain takes over the house. Might see if they will part exchange the new unit and buy a fridge at the same time.

Thanks for help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back