ZE failure and advice

S

stedon1

Instructed the DNO to upgrade their incoming cutout and upgrade the fuse from a 60A to 80A due to 10.5KW shower being fitted. TNS. This was carriedlast week. Fitted the shower 2 days ago inc 10mm earth to stopcock, hot press and all bonding in place. Did a ZE, got 0.95 ohms. Contacted DNO and was told they had been advised of problem which would be fixed in maximum of 6 months. Anyone else experienced this? Any advice on what to tell my customer?

Sponsored Links
If the Zs is within limits not a major issue (for you anyway)

Sponsored Links
Why not 100A fuse?

Why a 100?

WPD will not provide a 100amp on a domestic service. Standard heads are rated to 80amp maximum - 100amp services have a much larger service head.

I know it appears only to be WPD.

But in any case - I have never been called to a standard domestic property with an overloaded supply....MANY commercial, but never a domestic. 100amps? Would love to see that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back