zip clips/ cable ties

B

breezer

where would you least expect to find a zip clip being used? and where would you say they
A) should be used
B) should NOT be used ?

in reference to holding cables ONLY

Sponsored Links
I get the feeling you're about to tell us something amusing...

Cable ties can be used virtually anywhere so long as the tie is mechanically able to perform the job required of it in the installed environment.

Having said that you should not expect to find cable ties in Trunking..but you do! and cables on tray or in basket should always be tied in place.

Mmmmm. Sounds like a tasty pub lunch from the 1970's.... Cable in a basket.

Sponsored Links
Cue pictures of ties in odd locations like the inside of a crematorium furnace, or none at all, ie yards of cable completely flapping in the wind....

Oops, that should be "metres" not "yards".........got to be harmonised......else the EU harmonisation rozzers will be after me.....

breezer said:
ninebob said:
I get the feeling you're about to tell us something amusing...

i am, just got ot edit the pic (smaller file size)

Come on then, I didn't know zip-ties could create this much suspense...
(oh hang on, depends what you're trying to suspend with them... :rolleyes: )

sorry its been a long time coming :cry:

also sorry to but the other closer picture i had got deleted.

anyway, you have heard of "the London Eye" and you know how much it cost, well coulnt they have asked some one to trim all the zip clips?

look at about an inch 1/4 in and down from the right, it is an untrimmed zip clip

eye11.jpg

Is that an exposed portion of cable where the sheaths / tubes meet near base of pix ?

Must be Italian job ........ Eye - tie !

P

securespark said:
Cue pictures of ties in odd locations like the inside of a crematorium furnace, or none at all, ie yards of cable completely flapping in the wind....

Oops, that should be "metres" not "yards".........got to be harmonised......else the EU harmonisation rozzers will be after me.....

Yeah damn metric, can't buy 0.134 horsepower or 341 Btu/hour lightbulbs for love nor money nowadays ;)

Talking of horsepower, who's idea was it to invent "metric horsepower", i.e. PS. Why not just use BHP? I have a theory that the metric system was invented because there was no way a French car would ever be able to go 100 MILES per hour. ;)

It is surprising where imperial units do come up: Even on the continent wheel diameters are given in inches. So you buy an 18" alloy, not a 457.2mm alloy. Yet tyre widths are always given in mm!

Now, if metric is so good, why don't they use metric time?! A year would be made up of 1000 days. Each day would be 1000 hours long, an hour would be 1000 minutes. :confused:

I am a physicist, so I use metric units all day long at work (although some older material is actually in Imperial units). They are great for working stuff out, but ask anyone in this country "how tall are you?" or "how much do you weigh?" and you will get answers in feet, inches, stones and pounds. And why is it so bad if we still sell milk by the pint, and beer by the pint? Is it really hurting the rest of Europe? Will hoards of German tourists be so vexed in the supermarkets when they have to buy 568ml of milk instead of 500ml?! And why are my feet size 45 (I think) in Europe? Do European men have such tiddly feet that their sizing scale must incorporate childrens' sizes? And don't get me started on why European men prefer to measure things in centimetres instead of the inches of their burly British counterparts :LOL:

Yep - this is exactly why I am voting UK Independence Party. I can almost guarantee that the next thing to come out of Europe will be that my local pubs will have to serve me "half-litres" instead of pints (but of course the price won't go down)...

ninebob said:
Yep - this is exactly why I am voting UK Independence Party. I can almost guarantee that the next thing to come out of Europe will be that my local pubs will have to serve me "half-litres" instead of pints (but of course the price won't go down)...

The pint of beer or cider is specifically exempt from metrication along with the traditional doorstep pint of milk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back