Zone types texecom elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a hefty choice of zone types for this alarm,

most of mine are entry/exit then the rest are guard,

i have an external pir which monitors a yard, this is currently on guard but in area 'b'
in area b i have the bell turned off so if its active i just get a notification through smartcom to my phone which is perfect, however if someone passes it loads the pir disables and i have to rearm area b.

would a better zone type be '24hr silent' would this generate the same notification but simply no alarm?

help with this would be much appreciated, it works fine as it is but seems like it could be better.

thanks again Joe

Sponsored Links
Why are most of your zones Entry/exit? This zone type is intended to be used on the final exit door to complete the setting of the alarm and start the entry timer. Normally there is only 1 entry/exit zone on a system.

For the external PIR you could use a "Latch key" zone type with the "Monitor only" attribute selected. This will generate a notification but wont generate an alarm. If you only want notifications when the system is armed then select the "Monitor only when armed" attribute instead of "Monitor only". Don't select any of the other attributes on the zone.

If you use the "24hr silent" zone type it will generate a notification but it will lock out, in a similar way to the "Guard" zone type, if it is activated several times when the alarm is set.

Paul

Why are most of your zones Entry/exit? This zone type is intended to be used on the final exit door to complete the setting of the alarm and start the entry timer. Normally there is only 1 entry/exit zone on a system.

For the external PIR you could use a "Latch key" zone type with the "Monitor only" attribute selected. This will generate a notification but wont generate an alarm. If you only want notifications when the system is armed then select the "Monitor only when armed" attribute instead of "Monitor only". Don't select any of the other attributes on the zone.

If you use the "24hr silent" zone type it will generate a notification but it will lock out, in a similar way to the "Guard" zone type, if it is activated several times when the alarm is set.

Paul
You will have to excuse me, i wrote the above badly, i only have 2 entry exit (front doors) all other zones are guard.

I believe your suggestion will work perfectly, great that it can even work with or without the system armed!

thankyou very much for your help,

Joe

Sponsored Links
It is interesting as neither latch key with attributes monitor only or Monitor only when armed will cause an alarm condition, and will send notifications through without limit. Turning the rearm attribute off on a zone, means the zone doesn't lock out either.

The main advantage of having it monitor when armed, is when we get round to having garden parties again, you can have the garden area disarmed rather than filling up with notifications and when the party is over arm that area again so you will get notified of someone being in the garden.

To be fair though not convinced that would wake me up, unless i changed the reporting codes so my phone screamed at me but didn't trigger the main alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back