Question for the electricians

What is has proved is that BS7671 does not prohibit the use of a water pipe (extraneous conductive part) to be used as a bonding conductor providing certain criteria are met as RMS stated.
Which are not met in this scenario!
My interpretation of this is that compliance can be achieved by confirming the integrity of the pipe work by means of testing.
Just testing for continuity will not permit the use of this pipe. It fails to meet the criteria needed!
Well please can you point me in the direction of this reg because no one else can!! It says it is permitted providing certain criteria is met!!Fair enough in this case it is not i accept that.
So you are now admitting that the pipe can not be used as the criteria needed can not be met. At least you are big enough to admit that now! ;)
Except he had a far greater technical knowledge/experience than yourself and constantly reminded you of when you were severly lacking in knowledge and being put right.As well as consistently outdoing you with his remarks and put downs?
Well given the posts from BAN and yourself I would positively say that BAN has far grater technical knowledge/experience than you. As you seem to relish how BAN was treated of this princeofdarkness then why are you kicking up fuss that you are being treated in the same manner?
Again i dont deny i need guidance on many things are you saying you dont ever??
Well it seems that you do not appreciate the guidance that has been given to you in this instance do you. Instead of accepting that your idea was/is ridiculous and does not comply, you decide to try and find reasons to back track to make it sound as if it does given it meets the criteria that you had no previous knowledge of!

starspark maybe we are being a bit unfair here as it seems that you may be new to the trade and we all need to start some where.

Sponsored Links
The Requirements that must be adhered to regarding regulation 543.2.6 (an extraneous conductive part may be used a protective conductor) are as follows:

Quote from BS7671

(i) Electrical continuity shall be assured, either by construction or by suitable connection, in such a way as to be protected against mechanical, chemical or electrochemical deterioration.

(ii) The cross-sectional area shall be at least equal to that resulting from the application of Regulation 543.1.1.

(iii) Unless compensatory measures are provided, precautions shall be taken against removal.

(iv) It has been considered for such use and, if necessary, suitably adapted.

Interesting is that regulation 543.1.1 states the following:

The cross-sectional area of every protective conductor, other than a Protective bonding conductor shall be.......

This would lead me to believe that the use of Water pipe as a main protective bonding conductor would be unacceptable. However local supplementary bonding using extraneous conductive parts to achieve disconnection times would possibly be acceptable.

I agree with RF that the regulation is more for the intention of the use of structural steel work as a main protective bonding conductor where the location of services are a considerable distance from the origin/DB and where cable sizes are in sufficiently sized to allow for use as a main bonding conductor as well a a cpc.

Also just out of curiosity what is it that makes you say Princeofdarkness was revolting? Is it because he basically picked holes with what you say in the exact way you try to do it to other people?
No, it's because his persona made me want to vomit.

Why??

Again i dont deny i need guidance on many things are you saying you dont ever??
No.

Im glad you accept that.

Because as those links show and prince for one constantly proved you certainly do also!
What those links show is that a lot of the posts there were written by people who are seriously hard of thinking.[/quote]

Why because you dont like what there saying??

I must say this has genuinely been an excellent topic and i thank some of you for the input in this thread , the knowledge i have gained and how things can be interpreted!! Its just a shame some have to try and ruin it by being unhelpful and sarcastic.
But on the whole nice one guys! :D

Who????
I hope you dont mean me i never started the attempted BULLYING!!
How convenient the minute someone gets at ban that the mod gets involved.
Coincidence i think not.

Sponsored Links
Who????
I hope you dont mean me i never started the attempted BULLYING!!
I made some observations on your competence based on what you wrote here.

You then started thrashing around looking for ways to attack me, including referring to critical posts written years ago on other forums by people who were so desperate to stop me telling them that they were liars, cheats and criminals that they lied, cheated and engaged in egregious hypocrisy.

How convenient the minute someone gets at ban that the mod gets involved.
Coincidence i think not.
WOE are you on about?

I would worry about it BAS. This is the way he operates. Here's a link when he did exactly the same to me //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/wiring-regs.312272/page-3
Unable to understand the regulations tends to be quite common practice for this individual.

Reading the regulation provided I think its clear that an underground water pipe cannot be used as a main bonding conductor. The regulation relates mare to structural steel work which in its nature can satisfy the required criteria.

I was wrongly and unjustly banned by the powers that be as in fairness im sure everyone says!!!
And before you side with Vibro and he starts getting high and mighty im not the one being called a bully and being given links to advice on how to stop bullying on topic baldness on general discussion.
Oh no that would be Vibro!!

I was wrongly and unjustly banned by the powers that be as in fairness im sure everyone says!!!
And they let you register again? Why?

And before you side with Vibro and he starts getting high and mighty im not the one being called a bully and being given links to advice on how to stop bullying on topic baldness on general discussion.
You're actually a bit deranged, aren't you.

ban-all-sheds";p="2431383 said:
And they let you register again? Why?

Well thats something you need not worry about dont let it get you down. No need for negativity.

You're actually a bit deranged, aren't you.

Why for stating a fact??

Another useful and positive post ban well done.

A fact?

Some random nonsense about bullying on baldness which has come from nowhere but you think it is relevant to this topic?

A bit like you thought that critical posts written about me years ago on other forums were relevant?

You've got some cogs slipping, methinks.

A quick summary of starspark(1)'s contribution to this topic.

RMS,
if you measure the resistance of the copper pipe in the outhouse back to the MET use this resistance and convert this into its copper equivalent.

Starspark suggests the use of the water pipe as a protective bonding conductor, thus, clearly demonstrating a lack of understanding of BS7671 and incompetence.

I accept that in this case the conditions may not be able to be met.
All i was doing was suggesting alternatives and or my thinking is that so terrible??

Starspark attempts (and fails) to wriggle his way out of it like the worm he is proving to be. 'shame on you'.

Again at no point did i say my suggestion was correct i merely stated it was a SUGGESTION.

Again, more wriggling.

It says here //www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/who-is-ban-all-sheds.305578/page-2 that you vowed never to return some time ago is this true? So REALLY why did you? Sick of being unimportant and no one listening to you in the real world that you had to come back??

I completely agree i dont know it all seemingly unlike yourself but at least i enquire to try and better my imperfections and as stated earlier sarcasm or whatever else like that certainly does not help and only deters people.
They didnt ridicule you in a previous life on the IET! Well maybe a bit!
one example http://www.theiet.org/forums/forum/...d=17569&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
I particulary like the quotes seemingly about you which state;

You then shockingly attempt to attack, in a twisted way, another forum member for stating an opinion (with justification) something that we are all clearly thinking after reading your posts and hideous ideas.

To conclude on this, it is clear that your ideas are an insult to the electrical profession or any other competent individual related to the profession. I fear anybody in close proximity to your work and more importantly, you!

P.S please refrain from searching through my history in order to attack me. It's could be seen as stalking!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back