ID cards are coming!

markie said:
ellal

Not every tom dick or harry would request my I,D card, ( well i hope not ) :LOL:

At present it is planned that all medical services, government departments, local services will require ID. The database is being planned in conjunction with private business, so that it will be required for all financial services, and anyone who can show a need to require ID..So that means anywhere serving alcohol, supermarkets etc, and basically any private business that wants to purchase a terminal - and the take up of 'chip & pin' gives an idea of the coverage..so, not every 'tom dick & harry', but most of them!

And remember, everytime it's requested, it's recorded..

So, just a couple of questions to those with 'nothing to hide'..

Should the government be allowed to 'record' things that don't concern them ?..

And why do they want all that information, when this is supposed to be just a way of proving who you are?

Sponsored Links
ellal

well said
very good post ... :) :) ;)

btw would would you like the govt to know about your 20s health..lol....LOL

If some people here like the idea of a National database linked with I.D. cards so much, will they also agree with the governments push for the Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill?
Democracy as we know it is being snatched from under our feet and I regret we will only realise this when it is too late :evil:

olly_k said:
If some people here like the idea of a National database linked with I.D. cards so much, will they also agree with the governments push for the Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill?
Democracy as we know it is being snatched from under our feet and I regret we will only realise this when it is too late :evil:

Indeed..

The last time a bill as insane as the LRRB was passed it was march 23rd 1933..

Otherwise known as the 'enabling act'..

In germany..

Any clues as to the person who used it to take control of the bundestag!

And it's one of the reasons that it is illegal in Germany to 'identify' a person by a number - and we must learn from history!!

Sponsored Links
olly_k

Outstanding post ....lol

You need to get the medicore mafia here moving is , facts about ID cards an update inflation prices...lol
lol

which I posted

Good Luck ...
:) :) :)

An awful lot of you are missing the point. Of course we all carry a lot of ID, but the incredibly crucial point about ID cards is the element of compulsion.

Having a passport is voluntary. Despite the amount of ID I carry, and despite the amount of data on my personal habits and movements that is available via those, they too are voluntary.

Mortgages, loans and credit cards are voluntary, and it is not illegal to not have them.

Leaving my house without donning a disguise is voluntary, and it is not illegal to wear such a disguise.

Having a driving licence is voluntary, and it is not illegal to not drive a car.

But the proposal for an identity card is not just one tiny inconsequential step further along the road down which we have travelled, it is the crossing over the border into a land known as the Police State.

The day that the Government make it compulsory for me to have an identity card just to be, is the day that they turn me into a criminal, for I will not cooperate.

I would urge everyone who opposes them to make as much noise as possible. Go to http://www.no2id.net/ and get involved...

ban-all-sheds said:
The day that the Government make it compulsory for me to have an identity card just to be, is the day that they turn me into a criminal, for I will not cooperate.

Bliar has made an artform of creating 'criminals' where none existed before!!

People seem to latch onto particular dates to try and understand overall events - 9/11, 7/7 etc..

Well here's another one for you... 30/3

On this date, the law was passed to take over your identity, and loan it back to you - for a fee yet to be decided!!

Your biometrics will be owned by the state, and even though your participation will be compulsory in a few years time, your 'licence to exist' can be withdrawn at any time for any reason (or indeed no reason at all)!!

Thankyou Ban & Ellal, I think your posts put everything into perspective and show that id cards are still a bad idea, even if you have nothing to hide.

WoodYouLike said:
(always have my drivers-licence with me, as I think most of us do

I don't, I don't even know where it is or if it still exists. This is not currently an offence. The only reason I can see for ID cards is yet another tax on us, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest they decrease crime, terrorism or illegal immigrants.

How would an ID card system have prevented 7/7 when all the bombers were English citizens anyway?

Also, who are we going to get to implement the system? Accidenture? why not just take a couple of billion and flush it down the bog instead?

Eddie M said:
How would an ID card system have prevented 7/7 when all the bombers were English citizens anyway?
It wouldn't, obviously.

Nor, in the USA, would it have prevented the WTC attack, because all those perpetrators were there legally, and any ID system would have to allow foreigners to register temporarily if they were there for legitimate business or educational purposes, as all the 9/11 pilots were.

Nor would ID cards have prevented any of the IRA attacks.

Spain already has ID cards, and they did not stop the Madrid train bombings, nor have they stopped ETA from killing 850 people over the last 38 years.

Anyone who tells you that ID cards will help in the "war on terror" is either lying or stupid.

Big_Spark said:
Excellent idea, make them compulsory and kick out all the blooming Illegal immigrants.

Even the Gov reckons it costs us £30 Billion a year, so the scheme would pay for itselfin no time.
The Home Office estimate that there are between 310,000 and 570,000 illegal immigrants in the UK.

Deporting them would cost £4.7 billion, and leave acute shortages of cleaners, care workers and hotel staff.

If allowed to live and work legally, they would pay more than £1 billion in tax each year.

£1 billion per year would allow the Treasury to abolish the starting rate of stamp duty or increase the Child Tax Credit by £150.

£1 billion + £4.7 billion saved by not deporting would pay for 300 new schools, or 12 district hospitals or 200,000 new nurses.

Nearly 50% of foreign-born immigrants leave Britain within 5 years. Immigrants are much more likely to stay for short periods, or to circulate between home and host countries if they are able to get back in.

Remittances home from immigrant workers provide a very effective form of poverty relief in 3rd world countries.

Migrants fill 90% of low-paid jobs in London, and account for 29% of the capital's work force.

Legal migrants comprise 8.7% of the population, but contribute 10.2% of all taxes.

Each immigrant pays an average of £7,203 in tax compared with £6,861 for non-migrant workers.

There were 25,715 people claiming asylum last year - if allowed to work they would generate £123M in tax revenues.

In 2005, Spain completed a large-scale regularisation programme, and the government estimates that it increased revenue by €750 million in 2005, and is set to add a further €1,350 million in 2006.

The Home Office claims that 69 per cent of Scots endorse the government's plans for ID cards...
LINK
:LOL: - Not blue rinse. ;)

ban-all-sheds said:
Spain already has ID cards, and they did not stop the Madrid train bombings, nor have they stopped ETA from killing 850 people over the last 38 years.

I remember someone (possibly Jack Straw, but I'm not certain) tried to claim that the Madrid bombings proved the value of ID cards as it helped with the swift identification of the dead. One for the 'couldn't make it up' files.....

NewScientist said:
.....The most optimistic claims for iris recognition systems are around 99 per cent accuracy - so for every 100 scans, there will be at least one false match.
This is acceptable for relatively small databases, but the one being proposed will have some 60 million records. This will mean that each person's scan will match 600,000 records in the database, making it impossible to stop someone claiming multiple identities.
Even if they already had one or more records in the database, these would be swamped by the hundreds of thousands of false matches....
Blimey is it that accurate ?

At the end of 2005 a new fingerprint scanner - designed to eliminate inaccuracies of 90% - was only fooled by around 10% of spoofed prints, from cadavers - and 'play dough' etc..
http://www.yubanet.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/8/28878

That's ok then ... :D :D :D

returning illegal fugees would not cost as much as you say BAS

we can do send them back the way they came here in the back of trucks through the tunnel then kick them out in france for a fraction of the cost you said

as for taxes

there are very few fugees paying tax but loads taking out hard earned tax in the form of handouts and health benfits

kick them all out and make those uk citizens that wont work WORK

time to make a stand on these fugess and get britains job back in BRITAINS hands :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back