Anyone know of any lawful impediment...

The installation of that pipe was to my spec. I expected to be pressure testing it myself.

Nothing has changed in the last 6 months.

Sponsored Links
Except your attitude, I cannot remember any post getting feedback such as this, considering the question, normally it would have been dismissed out of hand, NOW you`re helpin` dudes! Good on ya most clever Chris dude......

No joints in the duct = No problem, although I would consider a filter at the end of the pipe.

Alternative is to use "Tracpipe"

Sponsored Links
Don't do that to me KP :LOL:

I had to read the book again to see what I missed :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have gone through the Regs and I cannot find any definitive wording stating whether or not you can or cannot do this mate.
Mind you thats pretty usual in the regs or as CORGI say "mmm thats what we call a grey area"

My tuppence worth is if you cannot see all of it then don't use it for the reasons you have already pointed out.

I have used a redundant water pipe for gas before, I could see every inch of it and whack a compressor hose on it for a while to dry it out and Bob was most defiantly my uncle.

Good luck mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back