Jean Charles de Menezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day whay purpose is served by bringing a charge under HSE regs, is it going to stop further attempts to bring carnage to the streets of London and elsewhere NO! as proved by the failed attempts outside the London night club and Glasgow airport.Will it stop another innocent being shot? who knows,but it is only in a free society like ours that a case is brought to court like this where someone is out to get the people who are risking their lives so that we can walk the streets secure in the knowledge that someone is trying to protect my freedom.

Sponsored Links
a"conventional armed challenge".
Hmmmnnnnn ... Not a tactic I'd use against a suicide bomber ... Good way of getting yourself scattered over a wide area :LOL:

What would you do then? And what actions have you taken to identify him?

How do you identify anything? by using your eyes, hands, sense of smell, taste and hearing. Why do you keep banging on with this question?

If he was a suspected terrorist why did they not apprehend him as soon as possible, instead of letting him enter an underground station and then deciding that he might have a bomb.
I can only imagine that the police were running around like headless chickens, no-one knowing exactly what to do until an infectious panic set that he might have a bomb and they decided to 'get him'

At the end of the day whay purpose is served by bringing a charge under HSE regs, is it going to stop further attempts to bring carnage to the streets of London and elsewhere NO! as proved by the failed attempts outside the London night club and Glasgow airport.Will it stop another innocent being shot? who knows,but it is only in a free society like ours that a case is brought to court like this where someone is out to get the people who are risking their lives so that we can walk the streets secure in the knowledge that someone is trying to protect my freedom.

I agree.
Health & Safety regs :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: He was shot seven times in the head :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Which part of HSE regs states that: 'all precautions should be taken to avoid blowing out the brains of members of the public'

Yes, they are trying to protect OUR freedom, but lets not forget that the man they killed was one of us. That's like a celeb getting beaten up by one of their own bodyguards, and him expecting to keep his job.

As I've been banging on about forever it seems :LOL: the only way we'll stop shooting innocent people is to start identifying the baddies correctly in the first place ... In other words ... Improve our intelligence activities.

I don't think this is the same farce as Iraq BTW (which someone mentioned earlier) as I personally believe the decision to move into Iraq was more political than due to poor intelligence.

It's easier for Bush and Blair to blame poor intelligence now, though, than to accept it was all about oil or some other political motive.

But that's another topic :LOL:

Sponsored Links
a"conventional armed challenge".
Hmmmnnnnn ... Not a tactic I'd use against a suicide bomber ... Good way of getting yourself scattered over a wide area :LOL:

What would you do then? And what actions have you taken to identify him?

How do you identify anything? by using your eyes, hands, sense of smell, taste and hearing. Why do you keep banging on with this question?

If he was a suspected terrorist why did they not apprehend him as soon as possible, instead of letting him enter an underground station and then deciding that he might have a bomb.
I can only imagine that the police were running around like headless chickens, no-one knowing exactly what to do until an infectious panic set that he might have a bomb and they decided to 'get him'

I keep 'banging on' because this is the crux of the matter. There is no way to positively identify anyone in a way where mistakes cannot be made.

In this particular instance mistakes WERE made.
The reason he wasn't apprehended earlier is that a senior commander had to the give the directive. And what difference does it make anyway where he was? If he had a bomb then he'd be shot, either at the bus stop or in the underground.

As I've been banging on about forever it seems :LOL: the only way we'll stop shooting innocent people is to start identifying the baddies correctly in the first place ... In other words ... Improve our intelligence activities.

:LOL:

OK so YOU tell us all how this 'positive identification' can be implemented.

I saw Norman Wisdom on the telly the other day and I hate the guy so I shot the TV.

It turned out later that I'd just blasted Robbie Williams.

Some people look similar - Gedditt yet?

So I ask you yet again - what foolproof method have YOU devised?

megawatt";p="719034 said:
seems : ... Improve our intelligence activities.only way is to infriltrate their organisations ,going to be dam hard to get into their club,because it looks like small groups of persons who are taking up the ideals of Bin Laden.Only a couple of weeks ago Head shed Ian Blair said the terroists were planning more audacious and bigger plots so presumable there is intelligence being gathered.

]

So I ask you yet again - what foolproof method have YOU devised?

Megawatt isn't an expert in intelligence improvement and neither are you. He can recognize, like any other intelligent human being, that clearly intelligence needs to be improved. That is a long way from saying that he, megawatt, should come up with some suggestion for improvement.

I can recognize a fault in my computer but I've got to turn to the expertise of the members of DIYnot.com to find a solution.

I don't believe there are any 'real' terror cells in this country. They are just dumb wannabees. Take the attack on Glasgow airport. Laurel and Hardy arrived in a truck too big to fit between the doors and then succeeded in setting fire to themselves. Hilarious.

I don't believe there are any 'real' terror cells in this country. They are just dumb wannabees. Take the attack on Glasgow airport. Laurel and Hardy arrived in a truck too big to fit between the doors and then succeeded in setting fire to themselves. Hilarious.
Hilarious for who the people they tried to kill or you in confort many miles away.The ira said after nearly getting maggie we only need to be lucky once you need to be lucky all the time,the same applies to this lot.

I don't believe there are any 'real' terror cells in this country. .

Then you, my friend, are living in cloud cuckoo land and that is no exaggeration!

As a matter of interest joe-90 how many locked forums do you have to your credit?

I've never been impressed by Meggawatt's 'intelligence'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back