asbestos flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a asbestos flue, and it looks like it has lots of bends in it, going though the house, can you cut a asbestos flue into large parts, or do you have to break it in a polythene bag?

Sponsored Links
break it into manageable pieces using a hammer, dont saw it as this creates airborne particles, its always a good idea to dampen down the asbestos before breaking it to minimise the dust, then double bag it using heavy duty bags and tape it up.

municiple tips usually have dedicated asbestos skips, though you should check first.

Sponsored Links
I would advise never to break up asbestos, as then the spores will be released. Alastair's advise on dampening the asbestos is a good tip if you absolutely have to break it up.

Robert

Spores :eek: :) It`s better to get the joints apart if you can - then you don`t have to break or cut it :idea: and they probably have just a smear of fire cement round them. Remember it`s Asbestos/cement- not pure asbestos

"Spores".

I thought the same thing Nige until i looked it up and yes, floating asbestos fibres are referred to a spores.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back