How many cables in one backbox?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would this be acceptable? Looping in at a 2G switch, both switches 2W.

It just seems too much for one single backbox - and all cables go UP. Would have to make it a 25/35mm backbox. Anyone attempted this before? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
47mm would be easier still, particularly if you ever change to flat plate accessories.

Go for it man!

As Banal says, get a 47mm in there. Is the circuit in 1mm or 1.5mm?

Sponsored Links
It's a small victory I know, but you only need 1 3core and earth plus a 2 core and earth to run to the other switch.

That might free up a little space in the backbox. (the two grey conductors are common and so you only need 1 plus a strapper at the other switch)

....you might be glad of the extra space! :LOL:

Congrats on the house purchase by the way.
Dan

What's the most you could ever need to squeeze in?

I make it 39 conductors, assuming you want only 1 switched live per gang to leave the box.

:eek:

Nope.

Can't get 4-gang intermediates in single-gang box size. (Can you???)

I'm suggesting 39 cores into one of these:

AP618.JPG

what has multiple supplies got to do with it?

the cables I've indicated are 3C+E strapper to the other switch and a T+E bringing in live and switched live from the light..

But that's not what I'm thinking of to get to my 52. Or 39 if it's only a 3-gang.

Anyway - cuppa and bed for me - see what tomorrow brings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back