landlords and tenants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone

did anyone know that it costs around £2000 to get your tenants out, thats just court and solicotors fees not to mention the rent you lose out on.
and it takes upto six months

dont you think the system is so unfair?

Sponsored Links
I just send the lads in. Give them a pony for a drink and the tenant very quickly leaves.
Yeah, no problems with tenants. ;) ;)

What do you mean "get them out"?

Do you mean to end the contract early due to an alleged breach of some sort, or just to get them out on a whim?

If your claim is legitimate, then you get your costs from the tenant

Did you also know that it can cost the tenant about the same amount to enforce the contract and get the landlord to do the things which he is supposed to do?

I just send the lads in. Give them a pony for a drink and the tenant very quickly leaves.
Yeah, no problems with tenants. ;) ;)

dont work if the tenants are already upto date with the law system, your lucky yours went. its knocked me back by £10000 :(

Sponsored Links
If your claim is legitimate, then you get your costs from the tenant[/quote]

you cant get costs if they aint got nothing to give

as a landlord i personally do make sure everything is done, tenants nowadays think its their right to live somewhere and not pay anything as they know that the landlord cant do anything for 6 months they milking the system big time

as a landlord i personally do make sure everything is done, tenants nowadays think its their right to live somewhere and not pay anything as they know that the landlord cant do anything for 6 months they milking the system big time

Make provisions in the lease (fixed term or suchlike) so that, at the end of it they are no longer tenants - and therefore have none of the rights

Best way to deal with tenants, is to put them on a short term lease, say 6 months, then get another tenant at the end of the 6 months. That way, they never get the full rights that long term tenants have.
A friend of mine had his house trashed by a long term tenant, who eventually did a runner, leaving my friend with over £26,000 worth of remedial work to make the house habitable again. It took 8 skips to empty the house of rubbish. The kitchen (new 3 yrs earlier) was completely ruined. Every door in the property had to be changed. Walls had to be rebuilt, The staircase had to be renewed. He finally got the tenant out through social services who were concerned that the tenant's 9 year old daughter was living in such filthy conditions. (that's why the tenant did a runner). Police were involved too.

BTW I was joking about sending the lads in, but I do know of some landlords who would have no qualms about such extreme measures.

Best way to deal with tenants, is to put them on a short term lease, say 6 months, then get another tenant at the end of the 6 months. That way, they never get the full rights that long term tenants have.
A friend of mine had his house trashed by a long term tenant, who eventually did a runner, leaving my friend with over £26,000 worth of remedial work to make the house habitable again. It took 8 skips to empty the house of rubbish. The kitchen (new 3 yrs earlier) was completely ruined. Every door in the property had to be changed. Walls had to be rebuilt, The staircase had to be renewed. He finally got the tenant out through social services who were concerned that the tenant's 9 year old daughter was living in such filthy conditions. (that's why the tenant did a runner). Police were involved too.

BTW I was joking about sending the lads in, but I do know of some landlords who would have no qualms about such extreme measures.

That's all very well, but changing tenants every 6 months is time consuming and can be expensive. You have to start looking for new tenants well before the 6 months is up if you want to avoid void periods. Then the existing tenants get to hear that you are looking for new tenants for THEIR property. Would create a whole hill of trouble.

such a disrepect for people is shamefull thats why there is little trust when people take that attitude
the only people you will get is people on benefits or people who dont care
95% off people are honest and will respect a property but if you say dont put down any roots they wont bother making it their own so will loose respect :oops:

With the greatest of respect Big-all, read all of my post. In the context of my friends long term tenant. It's exactly for this reason he's now only considering short term leases.
I agree with you that most people will look after a property, but there are the few that don't care what sort of filth they live in. Once these sort of tenants realise they have long term rights , is when they will stop paying the rent, then let the landlord take it through the courts to evict them.
Would you fancy paying the mortgage on a property for up to 6 months before a tenant can be evicted?
In this respect I think the law is very unfair to responsible landlords. The law needs changing so that responsible landlords can resolve a situation quickly without waiting for months on court hearings, nor risk their property being rendered uninhabitable.

i complety understand my house was a tip with fleas and everything i had to get new carpets and everything.

With the greatest of respect Big-all, read all of my post. In the context of my friends long term tenant. It's exactly for this reason he's now only considering short term leases.
I agree with you that most people will look after a property, but there are the few that don't care what sort of filth they live in. Once these sort of tenants realise they have long term rights , is when they will stop paying the rent, then let the landlord take it through the courts to evict them.
Would you fancy paying the mortgage on a property for up to 6 months before a tenant can be evicted?
In this respect I think the law is very unfair to responsible landlords. The law needs changing so that responsible landlords can resolve a situation quickly without waiting for months on court hearings, nor risk their property being rendered uninhabitable.

ok i appologise j j i have not read the whole post so am guilty off being an arse lol sorry about that :eek: :eek:
as an aside i think is disgusting that proffesional evaders can play the system pay 1 months rent then live for free for up to 2 years wit apeal after apeal
people like that as well as bad landlords should be held to account and should not be allowed to profit from the system rent is rent and should be paid

i completey agree with you alot of the time tenants do not give a .....
the law needs to change, as landlords do have an mortage to pay. the woman i had to evict would send me texts saying 'im just sitting here relaxing and reading a book' when she full well knew she aint paid me 3 months rent and knew i could not do anything about it and just wait for a frigging court date.

Sponsored Links
Back