Contacting EDF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was just wondering if anyone on the forums has actually managed to do this? I spent 20mins on hold yesterday and a further half hour this morning before giving up. :rolleyes: The property has had the leccy cut off and because it was supplied by EDF, I have to go through them to have it switched back on. Like the pirate with a steering wheel down his pants, this is driving me nuts :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I tend to contact customer services for EDF (or UK Power Networks as they are now known)

The most recent numbers I have are (in no order of anything!)
01473 293334
08000280247 (24hr faults)
08456014516 (planned works)
Hope this helps

Good luck you;ll need it!

SB

seance.gif

After a total of 90mins on hold, when I finally got through they told me that the supplier is actually EON :evil: Here we go again :LOL:

Sponsored Links
When they disconnect a supply, what do they do?

Remove the fuse?

Dig a hole outside and sever the cable?

Remove the meter and replace the cutout with sealed box?

Just wondering if you could galvanise them into action by writing and saying that you've sourced a fuse which you intend to insert at hh:mm on dd/mm/yyyy and would they like to send someone to read/install the meter at that time?

I've had more fun with them this afternoon, phoned Eon who told me they had no record of the property and had never supplied it. Phoned the Distribution Centre who told me that Eon WERE the suppliers :rolleyes:

Ban all sheds - I'm not sure how the supply has been disconnected. From the pics I've got there seem to be two meters, one with the numbers that you read and another with Radio Teleswitch written on it. This has a what looks to be a metal box bolted to the top of it - I'm guessing this means they removed the fuse?

When they disconnect a supply, what do they do?

Remove the fuse?

Dig a hole outside and sever the cable?

Remove the meter and replace the cutout with sealed box?

Just wondering if you could galvanise them into action by writing and saying that you've sourced a fuse which you intend to insert at hh:mm on dd/mm/yyyy and would they like to send someone to read/install the meter at that time?

All depends on why it was disconnected,

If it was for debt, then the fuse would be pulled and the installation would be re-sealed as the MOP will still be charging for the meter even though nothing is going through it.

If for possible abstraction, we may remove the meter and the fuse, bung up the output ports of the servise head and seal the head.

If for saftey grounds or repeated abstraction, then the DNO would be called and the supply cut in the street, (have done it twice this year, one for saftey and one for abstraction).

Note, some suppliers ask for a PIR before they will re-connect.

So, basically, if Lilt tells them that he's going to get it going himself (FGS don't actually do it though!) they could well think it was something he could do.

Which might get their attention.....

Totaly correct but as you say, the conserquences might not be good.

The meters i fit at the moment are "smart meters", they have a internal recharable battery which is supposed to last 5 years so with disconnected supplies, we can dial into the meter and see what is happening

All depends on why it was disconnected,
I don't know why it was disconnected, but I assume it was because the bill wasn't paid.

Ban all sheds: I'm not gonna start playing around with it - I know my limits and mains electricity well exceeds them.

Will try to upload some pics of the meter's'

Thanks to all who've replied - I need all the help I can get =p

[/img]

Ban all sheds: I'm not gonna start playing around with it - I know my limits and mains electricity well exceeds them.
I said tell them you're going to put a fuse in.

I also said "FGS don't actually do it though!"

It's just a suggestion on how to provoke them into taking notice of you.

I said tell them you're going to put a fuse in.

I also said "FGS don't actually do it though!"

It's just a suggestion on how to provoke them into taking notice of you.
Sorry, I should have put a smiley after my post. I know that's what you meant, just wanted to reassure you that I wasn't going to start poking screwdrivers, wet fingers, etc into my mains supply :LOL:

I fear I may have opened a can of worms here. I spoke to someone from the people responsible for the cabling who told me I could expect to pay between £1,500 and £2,500 to have the supply reconnected :eek: This is on top of the £2k I'd allready set aside for a rewire. Super :rolleyes:

Is it possible that you can find an old bill for this property. On the bill there will be an number called a MPAN, it is 13 digits long. PM me this number and i will look up your supply and find the status. I should be able to find out if it is de-energised or disconnected.

As for the high cost, are they asking for a secruity deposit or any outstanding money owed. If it is a straight re-energise, it should be around £45.00. If it has been disconnected, then the £2000.00 may well be correct if they have to run a new cable from the main line to the property.

As i said before, some suppliers ask for a PIR before they will reconnect, BGas being one of them, but if you are having a re-wire, then a EIC will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back