Contacting EDF

Quite likely

If you want to confirm, then a volt stick held towards the base of teh fuse carier should light, while held against the top part and the outgoing tail will not. This would indicate the fuse is not present or is blown

Sponsored Links
Some flats i have seen has a separate service fuse board in a small cupboard in the communal hallway with 4 fuses,3 fuses serve the 4 flats and the 4th is for the landlords equipment (lighting/door entry systems) so it possible that the disconnection was done there.

That is assuming that his flat is connected solely to 1 fuse as 2 of the flats are connected to 1 fuse and it's 3 phase entering the building.

I am assuming they are fuses but they could links of course i have not pulled any so i would not really know but i am sure the electricians will know.

Andy

Sponsored Links
An update:

I now know that the company fuse has been pulled. But now I need to know who is responsible for replacing it. I've spent hours on the phone to various suppliers, all of whom deny responsibility and point the finger at the DNO. Speak to them and they say the provider is responsible - phone the supplier (EON) and they bounce me back to the DNO, round and round and round we go.

My tally to date is 10 hours on hold to various people trying to sort this out. I'm not looking forward to my next phone bill :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back