texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am i the only one who hates text massaging, abbreviated words and the like. it just seems (maybe im old fashioned) that everywhere you look now, theres an acronym for everything!!

Sponsored Links
noseall
WELL SAID ....:) :) :) :)

I go other forums with kids doing this an I ban them ..lol ;)

noseall said:
am i the only one who hates text massaging, abbreviated words and the like. it just seems (maybe im old fashioned) that everywhere you look now, theres an acronym for everything!!

I like a nice massage but I never had a text massage.

Sponsored Links
I work with 2 young bucks and they text all the time, you would think they were on a typewriter, there little fingers moving like lighting, :LOL:. I tex now and then, it takes me all day to write a simple message, :LOL:

dont know if its true but Ive heard that youngsters are even writing in text speak on their exam papers.

we need to eradicate this scourge on the wonderful English language ,
I know I am p8ssed at times here but I love to read passionate thoughtful posts ,
an I applaud the rapport here.. ;)
wether it be someone very upset at a post or In awe of it ..I love it ...:)

all this text speak is so Crass ..lol :)

But, thinking about this in a practical sort of way, one fingered [ not a boast] typists like me should welcome a way of shortening the laborious task of pressing all these 'kin keys!!

you dont use speak typing headphones...

on a fast chat its a must ;)

especially the horny chat boards I go too ..lol

moz... not for the reasons you use it ... :LOL:

but I tried this thing where I talked and it typed.
But when teaching it to recognise my voice my I spoke far more correctly than I would normally in conversation so it couldnt recognise my normal voice!!!

it didnt allow for lapses in dialect or tipsy rants :rolleyes:

its not that im against the odd abbreviation, the english language thrives on them. but not EVERY word... surely

I currently have a vacancy for a lodger in my flat, so I sent an email to "global - all users" at work, with the advert for the room as an attachment.

One of the responses I got was from a guy in admin, which I quote exactly as it was written:

"hi i saw u have a room 2 let;cud u let me no the details bills etc and location coz i need 2 no if its close 4 work;joe"

The polite response I sent him was:

"Thanks for your email, Joe. I'm afraid that the room has already been taken, but I appreciate your interest and if the situation changes I'll let you know."

What I really, really wanted to send (but bottled out) was:

"Joe - how the hell did you get through your interview? Your use of "text speak" and bad punctuation is occasionally acceptable in a text to your mates, but never in an email to your colleagues. It frightens me that the company employed you in a job role that involves writing letters to clients. My tact and decorum prevents me from sarcastically looking down on people and making ascerbic comments, and therefore it's probably not a good idea that you come and live in my house."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back