I am a fool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't remove the lower wet sensor on a Boilermate 2000 without draining the store.

That's all I have to say about that.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
well thats you and me both soft as I have done the same :oops:

:)

the best stupid thing I have ever done was a while ago, I was servicing a glowworm summink when one of the other lads called me asking me how to change the low presure switch on the same boiler.

So i talked him through it, told him to drain down etc etc then remove the clip hold said LPS and give it a tug

needless to say I was doing the same thing without thinking about it, or draining the boiler, I was soaked and not a little embrassed, good job it was cold

what a plum

come on lads what stupid things have you done, if agile replies to this I will fall over but have a bet no matter what he would have been "slightly" less stupid than the rest of us ;)

:):):)

When my last daughter was born (lots of sleepless nights) i, for some strange reason decided that i would start removing faulty parts and then putting them straight back on again.
:LOL: :LOL:

You would have thought i would have learnt my lesson after the first time.

Nah.. i removed and refit 2 faulty isar pcb's in a week :oops:

Softus.....did you not have a bowel to catch the water in? :LOL:

Note to newbies. Do not turn on the water supply without connecting the pipe work to the newly installed ball valve. That's my most recent disaster.

HarrogateGas said:
Dont poke a screwdriver around a pinholed seam on a cylinder. i could have canoed down the stairs.

i did similar with a corroded pipe...........

"whats this black spot on this pipe?"

"oh ****!"

i also "forgot" to bung a system once before i took the rad valve off......just as well the bloke didnt like his wallpaper. :LOL:

HarrogateGas said:
Dont poke a screwdriver around a pinholed seam on a cylinder. i could have canoed down the stairs.

You remind me of a drip in a cupboard I was called out to investigate.

Large office block with a 300 litre cylinder on the first floor. man shows me the cylinder and sure enough a steady drip on the cold feed where it connects to the cylinder, gets hose pipe from the van and as I push it on the draincock the fitting comes off in my hand :eek: :eek: Ooooooooops

500 litre storage tank plus 300litres in the cylinder plus god knows how much from the mains as it refilled (stopcock locked in a cupboard) and no steps to get into the loft, anyways that little lot went straight though the ceiling onto the poor girls working below :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

For the record the cold feed had been made into the cylinder with an 11/2" black iron bush :eek:

working in a cupboard 1 1/2 foot by 2 foot were the ch pump and pipe work was. working on the supplys to the adjacent bathroom, fitted the check valve for the hot water supply on to the pipe work, then soldered in the cupboard guess what? check valve the wrong way :evil:

doitall. thats bad luck. hope it never happens to me but it proberbly will at some stage.

solo said:
Softus.....did you not have a bowel to catch the water in? :LOL:
Good one. ;)

The bottom line is, my bowel nearly boasted a significantly increased capacity during the incident.

doitall said:
For the record the cold feed had been made into the cylinder with an 11/2" black iron bush
That's a fairly large bush - did it belong to any of the working girls below?

holty said:
doitall. thats bad luck. hope it never happens to me but it proberbly will at some stage.

Thats the second time for me :LOL: :LOL:

Some when around the early 60s the draincock disintergrated on an old Ideal ODE boiler (hands up who remembers them) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back