Neighbours flue terminates in to my garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Still waiting for the Op's explanation.....

------------------------------
Off topic rubbish deleted. Stadan20 barred from thread.
Mod
---------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I just see a mod tidy a thread and actually explain what he did and why?

Wow! Things are looking up....

Should their flue terminate there?

No! Building regs prohibit it ( see Approved Document J on the .gov planning portal). You can't site a horizontal flue within 600mm of a boundary line and discharging directly across it.

That's the easy bit. How you proceed with your neighbour and persuade or compel him to remove his illegally sited flue - well, Buiilding Control involvement or the threat of it should help.

Also to add further info,

it was rented out and the tenant moved out a month ago and it's come to light that he's looking to sell the property rather than rent it out again.

I may of missed some of the deleted material, what explanation?

Thanks to all for the input so far.

Stadan20 was getting a bit out of his depth and couldn't give you an explanation of some of his assertions. Don't worry.... He did it in another thread in the closed part of the forum and has been keeping a low profile since.

The OP has not advised where the boundary actually is p[laced.

It looks to me as if the houses were built like that.

If so it is most unlikely that any legal words were used to cover the over hanging gutter, downpipe or flue.

Lets assume the boundary is on the wall of the neighbour.

In that case he is not permitted to discharge over your land. Getting an injunction against him may not be so easy. He might claim prescriptive rights!

Most cases like this that I see the extension builder agrees to pay for the flue or boiler to be relocated. That can be £200 to £2000 depending on if the flue can be made vertical or a new or relocated boiler are required.

Looks to me as if it could be a Baxi Solo 3.

OP, what is your boiler model if all the houses were built together?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back