Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, perhaps we shouldn't be so enthusiastic about UKIP. If they have their way, we would probably have to take RH back. Let's hear it for an open-door emigration policy!

As he's already emigrated (apparently), an open-door policy would allow him to come back.

We need to close our borders whilst he's still out there!

Sponsored Links
I heard some of a radio programme yesterday regarding the cowardly attacks in Paris.
Most of the callers were Muslim and when questioned if they felt offended, some said yes, but couldn't explain why they were offended, they just kept saying that it isn't right. One caller even stated that he felt more for his beloved Mohammed than his Mother !!!
Other Muslim callers said that Mohammed suffered during his life and would laugh at the fuss / cartoons about him.
We in the Western civilised world have freedom of speech and suppression. Even people like the Poppy burning Muslim has the right to express his feelings
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/mar/07/muslim-extremist-fined-for-poppy-burning
Should he have been fined? Why should he? Even though we all know what we think of him, in our civilised country, he has the right to express his feelings.
Could we express ourselves on our civilised streets against a religion that purports terrorism - you know the answer.
Should images of Mohammed been published in our newspapers - of course they should have. We have freedom of speech and expression and the same is extended to every nationality / race / creed / religion in our once great country.
Have a look here - long reading, but interesting
http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/things/depictions-of-muhammad-in-islamic-art.htm
One quote:
The Qur'an does not prohibit making images, only worshipping them. -
It was mentioned on radio today that anti - semitism is rife in our country.
Personally, I have worked in many houses throughout in my line of work and have never heard any of this.
Paradoxically, many have reservations against Muslims.

You might think we have the right to peaceful protest in this country and the right to express our feelings, but you'd be wrong, so bloody wrong. Freedom of speech? Forget it.

You might think we have the right to peaceful protest in this country and the right to express our feelings, but you'd be wrong, so bloody wrong. Freedom of speech? Forget it.

Sorry Jock, but I think you're wrong.

Actually, SOME people have the right to 'peaceful protest' and freedom of speech (and peacefully informing us that they intend to take over the country).

:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Hitchens was always worth a read - always good to hear reasoned arguments even when you don't agree with it all.

A big loss to Reason .

Pat Condell is still alive and well. His Youtube videos show the ROP mentality for what it is.

reindeer may need smelling salts, so just for him, viewer caution is advised. :LOL: In fact, the first video could even relate to his choosing to be offended - except for him, it's on someone else's behalf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-sZag4LUNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9SIcIvuKWQ

I realise that these vids may be too near to the truth, and as such may magically disappear. :rolleyes:
The same Pat that and I quote "The jews want peace and the arabs don't"
Is he thick?The jews are no more innocent than the arabs!He talks of political persuasion ?Does he mean by killing british troops?By taking land because of a biblical script? We should of just given the jews the Falkland islands instead :D

Just a curious point.

Why are there so many ways to spell the name of the muslim book and

why are some of them totally alien to English?

After all, surely the actual name is spelt in squiggles.

Why don't we British just all spell it Koran?

Can you give examples of peaceful protests that have been stopped?
Or someone who has been stopped from expressing an opinion (that did not incite violence or hatred)?

Just a curious point.

Why are there so many ways to spell the name of the muslim book and

why are some of them totally alien to English?

After all, surely the actual name is spelt in squiggles.

Why don't we British just all spell it Koran?
Have you ever travelled or watched TV? How many different ways do you think England is spelled?

I dated a girl briefly and they always welcomed her into kabab houses (classy) and curry houses with a smile. She wore a necklace with (what she thought) was her name on it. She bought the necklace in Turkey.

Her name was Karen.:cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

Or someone who has been stopped from expressing an opinion (that did not incite violence or hatred)?

I can think of some who have NOT been stopped from expressing an opinion that DID incite violence and hatred!

One rule for us...

I can think of some who have NOT been stopped from expressing an opinion that DID incite violence and hatred!

One rule for us...

Yes I can see that impression being given but-

For it to be demonstrated that it is ' one rule for us' there needs to be several examples of each (.ie free speech and hatred/ incitement) being allowed and denied.

If the Israelis wanted to take over half of the gulf strates they could with ease.
But they don't.

The warmongers want to take over Israel but they can't.
Tough.

Hundreds of them here in the province.
If it was the ******* marching they would be given free passage.

Ok, for the people in Britain who may not be water of the issues in NI, can you give us a couple , with the reasons given by the Parades Commission (or whoever stopped them)

Belfast,keady,newry, armagh, strabane, ..I could go on.
Hundreds of marches stopped that were going on for centuries to placate war mongering irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back