Thatcher Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
One great thing about our Maggie is that everybody is still talking about her. That in its self is a great legacy to this huge charasmastic, focused, intelligent lady of Britain.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, she was responsible for the Housing Act 1980, alright!

It didn't involve any scandal nor any fat cat Tories making sh*t-loads of money.

One great thing about our Maggie is that everybody is still talking about her.

FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!!!

Sponsored Links
She took on the unions and won.

She took on the Argentinians and won.

Those that remember the times, will remember the state the UK was in when she took office.

She left it in far better condition than she found it, which is more than can be said for ALL that followed.

RIP....

Spot on. RIP Mrs T.

Maggie will be having a burial.

"The lady's not for burning".

"I think we've been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government must house me.'
They're casting their problem on society.
And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families.

And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first.
It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour.

People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."
Margaret Thatcher

Fine words indeed.

Party time!
Can I ask what is the real reason for Margaret Thatcher being unpopular with you?
Maybe it was her economic market free for all that has landed us in the sh*t - most people who think they were/are better off don't actually realise that it was based on illusionary assets...

Or maybe it was her support for fascists and apartheid...

It could be because she is a war criminal...

Too many reasons to mention...

Still, I've won - she's dead and I'm not...lol

Party time!
Can I ask what is the real reason for Margaret Thatcher being unpopular with you?
Maybe it was her economic market free for all that has landed us in the sh*t - most people who think they were/are better off don't actually realise that it was based on illusionary assets...

Or maybe it was her support for fascists and apartheid...

It could be because she is a war criminal...

Too many reasons to mention...

Still, I've won - she's dead and I'm not...lol

Maybe you are ? you dont realise it yet . Now lay down and close your eyes please .

Before she got in, unemployment was less than a million. People though it should be lower.

Her ad agency photographed a long line of their employees queuing up under a dole office sign, with the slogan "labour isn't working'

Voters thought that meant Conservative policies would cut unemployment and get more people into work. In fact, her half-baked monetarism pushed unemployment well over three million. Nobody knows quite how many, because numerous schemes were invented to get people "off the register" every three months so they disappeared from the long-term unemployed statistics.

most people who think they were/are better off don't actually realise that it was based on illusionary assets...

Nothing illusionary about ending the three day week, kicking the trade unions in the butt and reclaiming the falklands.

Before she got in the likes of Red Robbo at British Leyland ran the companies. The workers produced carp. Allowing the foreign imports improved our own quality standards and helped get rid of our pre Maggie unproductive society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back