£250k

Sponsored Links
2% is an unrealistically low growth rate.
5% only gives you another £4k a year at 65.

Personally I think 10% a year is on the high side, If you were starting today from scratch, with a £250K pot - not saying you couldn't do it, but the avg Joe would be lucky - particularly as he'd be entering possibly at the top end of the market.

There are some funds which pay +5% in divies which a late entrant can get in to without risking his shirt.

Sponsored Links
Annuities were running somewhere at 5-6k per year per 100k invested last time I looked ( which was some time ago admittedly)

P2P lending...like funding circle.

only of interest to enthusiasts though.

Personally I think 10% a year is on the high side.....

Endowment growth used to be factored on 10% / 7.5% / 5% p.a. growth (high / moderate / low).

I can't remember when (late 2008?), but those predicted returns were reduced to 8% / 6% / 4%, which resulted in a lot of people receiving "shortfall" letters.

The only ones making money on p2p are the fixers... a bit like cryptos.

Bitcoin now $4,242.00

meanwhile, Ethereum, the thinking persons crypto, took a similar clattering Tuesday. At $137, it can now be had for a tenth of January's $1,339 price.

I know plenty who bought in at $6k thinking it was a bargain.

PGHY looks interesting at 5% pa yield, its been on a long slide. LIT might also be worth a look as would be QQQ, but not sure the techs have finished rinsing yet.

Sponsored Links
Back