UK inflation returns to 40-year high of 10.1%

Sponsored Links
Rude. I’m hurt!
Goes around, come around. :rolleyes:
1666175373718.png

And that is not the only example.

Jeremy Hunt, the new chancellor, on Tuesday said he could not guarantee the government would stick to its “triple lock” commitment on pensions, to increase them by earnings, prices or 2.5 per cent, whichever is highest."
Truss has just stated the the triple lock commitment will be met. The only people who have questioned it are pundits just to calculate how much could be saved if it was dropped.

Truss has just stated the the triple lock commitment will be met. The only people who have questioned it are pundits just to calculate how much could be saved if it was dropped.
Did she ask Jeremy's permission?

Sponsored Links
Did she ask Jeremy's permission?
LOL He nodded his head in agreement.

One of my thoughts was a U turn by some one else as Truss was being stupid as we can't afford it. The IMF are inclined to have that style of thought. Blare had a comment from them after effectively increasing NHS expenditure.

What I have heard differs a little from the first post. Essentially Hunt hasn't ruled anything out even defence cuts or taxation increases.
Is he mad? Is he not aware of what is going on in Ukraine?

Mind you, good luck getting that past Ben Wallace :ROFLMAO:

PM questions was interesting. Starmer bought on the usual Truss comments. She added limiting unions actions on the railways but the ideas there will probably be applied to all - some of them anyway and the same for certain sectors.

Tory questions to her concerned how wonderful a football team had done, women's football and also Gurkhas. All in a similar vein except changes to planning laws. Also an odd one - help for people with mental problems such as depression in the current crisis. That threw her for a while, that already sorted and gp appointments etc.

One interesting one concerned scrapping a couple of EU rules next week. One seems to concern pensions and the other airlines. She just accused the asker of being and out of date remainer. Recently one Tory MP when questioned about the 4% drop in GDP reckoned that brexit hadn't gone as expected and something must be done about it. Rejoining doesn't seem to be an option for any party. The view seems to be that the EU wont want us back.

Gas prices are falling. There are ideas on a Russian oil price clamp but some reckon it wont work as too easy to avoid. The idea is to refuse insurance unless the price of the oil is at the cap. OPEC might take an interesting view as well if they think too cheap.This is why they have already cut production to try and stop crude prices from falling even more as they sometimes do during recessions.

;) Labour's idea of a 6month power cost cap - they probably did do the sums. Actually they usually do.

Goes around, come around. :rolleyes:
View attachment 283041
And that is not the only example.
And you really think I’m hurt by JD's comment and feel the need to spring to his defence by searching through my old posts? :ROFLMAO: My my. You are an ingratiating bastard, aren’t you?

So ellal called me 'as thick as sh*t' and in return I called him a thick tw*t yet you put that up as an example of my rudeness? Unbelievable bias there. Do you know Ellal by any chance or are you just trying to ingratiate yourself with him too, you serious suck-arse!

Labour's idea of a 6month power cost cap - they probably did do the sums. Actually they usually do.
incredible to think Truss was using that as an attack line....and has now adopted it as a policy

Sponsored Links
Back