Windfall gains

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"The Treasury is preparing to increase the UK state pension by more than 8 per cent next year because of the controversial “triple lock”, which has raised retirees’ incomes faster than workers’ wages.

The sharp increase in state pension payments follows a 10.1 per cent rise this year. Pensioners who were protected from last year’s energy-driven inflation will now receive another boost, this time in line with the increase in average wages.

Since 2010, the triple lock has ensured the state pension rises each year in line with inflation, average earnings or by 2.5 per cent, whichever is higher. It was only suspended in 2022-23 when wage data was distorted by the Covid crisis.

The triple lock for next year will be set by pay growth, which rose by an annual rate of 8.2 per cent in the April to June period. Economists expect a similar figure to be published on Tuesday for the May to July period that will be used for the pension rise, partly reflecting one-off bonuses for public sector workers."

FT.com

In other news, most pensioners vote Conservative.

Sponsored Links
7 years to retirement for me! If i make it that is!!!!

About time and have never voted conservative .
not sure why anybody who cares for overall fairness and compassion in society would find Conservative values the best solution ??
my attide in life is fairness and compassion and look after friends and family where possible ....put others first if you can ...but in general those with the broadest shoulders help those with the greatest need its human nature is it not ??

Sponsored Links
"Can't afford a pay rise for nurses"

"Can afford to give millionaires bigger tax benefits on pension schemes"

"Can't afford to repair school roofs until we're in crisis"

"Can afford to shovel millions into the pockets of Tory Bra Baroness"

Some sort of pattern here.

Can afford to pay to house hundreds of thousands of "refugees" and "asylum seekers"
Can't afford to house thousands of UK homeless.

If you don't want your pension, give it back. Bet you love the extra in your account.

"Can't afford a pay rise for nurses"

"Can afford to give millionaires bigger tax benefits on pension schemes"

"Can't afford to repair school roofs until we're in crisis"

"Can afford to shovel millions into the pockets of Tory Bra Baroness"

Some sort of pattern here.
"Can’t post on anything good happening in the U.K."

"Will always look for any bad happening in the UK and start a thread on here".

I've notice that pattern by certain members on here since I joined.

"Can’t post on anything good happening in the U.K."

"Will always look for any bad happening in the UK and start a thread on here".

I've notice that pattern by certain members on here since I joined.
Remoaners you mean ? If anything positive is posted nosey makes it about Brexit or Trump in 10 seconds.

Roy is special too!

Can't afford to house thousands of UK homeless.

Older people who own one or more houses

Retired plumbers with a BTL fortune

And property developers

Love the housing shortage because it pushes up prices and makes them richer.

You will not find a Tory government wishing to alienate their loyal supporters.

Anybody got the sp on how much the windfarms have produced whilst we've had a week of the doldrums.?

Sponsored Links
Back