£3,000 to repair pinhole leaks in lead flashing?

:unsure:Oh I don’t know, saving the OP from sounding like a complete fool by asking a roofer to fix his bay with soakers, sounds more helpful than suggesting he needs soakers to fix his bay :cool:

Sponsored Links
Seeing dry rot everywhere isn't helpful. Neither is ? everywhere, is it ? See you next Tuesday tell ?

Sponsored Links
I have a 1930s semi-detached with a 5-section bay window at the front. At the top front bedroom we noticed a damp patch in the ceiling of the bay window. Ah, water leak.

Had a guy in to inspect it, which we paid £300 for. Went up on a ladder, had a look at it inside and also poked around in our attic.

Sent us some photos of some tiny cracks in the lead, and a photo of a look under the lead flashing.

Photo 1 - general view
Photo 2 - tiny crack
Photo 3 - another tiny crack
Photo 4 - view under the flashing

To repair it they've quoted us another £2800, taking the total bill to over £3,000, which seems rather steep for a couple of small holes and replacing a couple of non-load bearing bits of wood.

List of their works is below. What do you think?

If you live in West London I can recommend a scaffolder that I have used. Cash will get you the best price, but you only pay once he takes it down (assuming that you have been honest about the length of hire). He charges me £250 for a single lift at first floor window height on a terraced house. Your's may be a little more, not sure, I decorate rather than do roofing.

Post # 37,
Of course the forum does have high expectations for the accuracy of my posts - & thats what they get: accuracy based on NVQ/City&Guilds qualifications & sound experience.

Dont you realise that what you've just written actually confirms my claims? That you've just shot yourself in the foot?

Personally, I've no objections to contributor's using google or you tube - just so long as they come up with the correct advice.

Instead of trolling, my friend, & even tho you are long retired from drain cleaning, why not attempt to help the OP? Just for me please try - OK?

You "did post #31" - & then you appear to ask if I did it? No, I didnt even contribute to your post #31.
Although, I'm willing to re-write it for you as you seem to struggle with putting your thoughts into words?

Post # 37,
Of course the forum does have high expectations for the accuracy of my posts - & thats what they get: accuracy based on NVQ/City&Guilds qualifications & sound experience.
C+G or NVQ ? which and what disciplines ? maybe even the years they were taken . You are what's known as full of faeces ?

Ah, the premium one pays for living in the bright lights of the biggest city, eh?

I suppose, on the bright side, they turned up and had a look and even gave a quote.. It's a struggle to even get 'em to do that in my recent experience..
I think if everyone was willing to give them £300 just to show up they'd soon make sure their there on time.

Post # 37,
Of course the forum does have high expectations for the accuracy of my posts .
Be what you want Tell! It's the Internet...your lack of knowledge in the roofing forum speaks volumes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back