£3,000 to repair pinhole leaks in lead flashing?

Could be because what you decide is not a soaker, just a bit of dressed lead ?

Sponsored Links
Lead workers, & the roofing trade commonly call such off-cuts of sheet lead soakers.

Not any I’ve meet in the last 40 years on site, evidently not commonly

Sponsored Links
A Trowel,
After 40 years, and you dont even know the common names for stuff?
Dressed lead is the name for whats done to the lead not the name of the thing itself.

The Makie,
the term soakers for off-cuts that are used in other areas besides, say, at sloping abutments has been used
even on here in text & pics by presumably roofers.
And its the term I've always used because it has been used all around me in a sheet lead or roofing context.

Doh, yes dressed lead is lead that’s been dressed, and soakers are soakers google it if it helps :ROFLMAO:

There is lead work on churches which has been there hundreds of years in some cases so it does not deteriorate with "acid etching" whatever that is supposed to mean. Unless it has seriously rotted timber which has gotten soaked can dry out and stop rotting once the water has gone seen this happen before in a roof I owned then a bathroom floor where the previous owner had not bothered to repair a leaking shower tray. Now to the nitty gritty:- I had a much larger split develop in the lead flashing over a single storey extension and rainwater came pouring down the wall shortly after we moved in. Got myself a tube of "leadmate", got on the roof and plastered it along said 5 inch long split. That was nearly twenty years ago and still no further rain water leaks to this day. Toolstation currently ask £5 for a tube.

Well I was using soakers to make wedges = until they invented hall clips= and using bulls faeces and urine to patinate. I'll bet there were some terms used around "tell 80"anywhere he was on site.

A Trowel,
After 40 years, and you dont even know the common names for stuff?
Dressed lead is the name for whats done to the lead not the name of the thing itself.

The Makie,
the term soakers for off-cuts that are used in other areas besides, say, at sloping abutments has been used
even on here in text & pics by presumably roofers.
And its the term I've always used because it has been used all around me in a sheet lead or roofing context.

So you've used the wrong term for years and just going to go with it when others tell you you are wrong, cool.
I'll let all the roofers working with me and the lead workers that I get in know they are wrong.

A Trowel - more likely A Troll,

Show why a couple of soakers turned over the bottom batten and bossed in over the rips wouldn't cover them?
It's a patch , the sort of thing I might do to keep things dry until we could get back. Nothing more, and do foc

datarebal,
In your post #5 you say there's "no point in patching" but above in your post # 26 you say "Its a patch the sort of thing I might do" - are you going to patch or stick?

To the trolls who know who they are: why not try helping the OP with his question? You cant of course, why? because you prefer trolling, & because you are ignorant of the Building Trade.
How disgraceful of you to babble on, and totally ignore obstruct the OP & their need for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back