£7k a month benefits?!?

The UK needs more kids, not less.
Too many oldies living longer and not enough youngsters pay to taxes and n.i. to support them.
That is why we have to import so many young foriegners.
The planet (and this country) needs LESS people not more. How much 'Hot Air' is being expelled in Sharm-el-Sheikh at present about Global Warming? All that talking is missing the only thing that will solve the problem, less human biomass. How do we get the birthrate down? I'd say by by making people who have large families outcasts. I'd love the government to state that any 'family' that has more than 2 births looses all child benefits (and taxes families after more than 4 births).

More people = More Consumption.

People need to make their own provision for later life.

Sponsored Links
The planet (and this country) needs LESS people not more. How much 'Hot Air' is being expelled in Sharm-el-Sheikh at present about Global Warming? All that talking is missing the only thing that will solve the problem, less human biomass. How do we get the birthrate down? I'd say by by making people who have large families outcasts. I'd love the government to state that any 'family' that has more than 2 births looses all child benefits (and taxes families after more than 4 births).

More people = More Consumption.

People need to make their own provision for later life.
Yes especially if they have twins or triplets after their 1st baby.

We are beginning to sound like China. Not saying we should hand out benefits for ever for anything, but a simple maximum allowance would sort most issues.

Housing seems to be the biggest expense of course. Now, why have we not got council houses ?

Do you have a link to that report from 1900? It would be interesting to read.

Did those Jews sneak into the UK illegally en-masse? You state that it was emigration not illegal migration, opportunistic migration or questionable asylum.
It's not so much a report as an extensive series of highlights from the founding of the mail in 1896 to 1940 - i think it's mentioned in regard to the proposal of the Welfare State; which the Mail opposed, obviously, and the women's campaign for the right to vote, which they also opposed. The numbers of Jews feeling Russian persecution would be regarded today as refugees and since they came across the Channel on steamers i'd say they did not come illegally in the modern sense of Albanian boat people. But the sentiments remain the same.
I was amused to read them refer to Lloyd George as a 'Little Englander' considering his undoubted Welshness and Liberal viewpoint.
It's somewhere in here...

...at the end of the piece on the Daily Mail and the Conservative Party: 'The Daily Mail was openly hostile to immigrants, especially Jews. It reported that: "On 2nd February, 1900, a British liner called the Cheshire moored at Southampton, carrying refugees from anti-semitic pogroms in Russia... There were all kinds of Jews, all manner of Jews. They had breakfasted on board, but they rushed as though starving at the food. They helped themselves at will, they spilled coffee on the ground in wanton waste.... These were the penniless refugees and when the relief committee passed by they hid their gold, and fawned and whined, and in broken English asked for money for their train fare."'

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
When I was at school ( junior school)

Both my parents worked i and numerous other children came home to a empty house from school

Today my parents and thousands of other parents would be arrested and charged with neglect :ROFLMAO:

Mother stayed home, until we were both at school, then she took a part time job at first, then later a full time job. As soon as I was old enough, I was given a key on a string so I could let myself in when there was no one home.

its interesting how old people all think they worked harder than people these days.....

Mother stayed home, until we were both at school, then she took a part time job at first, then later a full time job. As soon as I was old enough, I was given a key on a string so I could let myself in when there was no one home.
While i read that i could hear the Hovis ad music playing in the background, for some reason...

its interesting how old people all think they worked harder than people these days.....

It's got a lot to do with the fact that work really was much harder back then. It was much more physical, much less mechanised - anyone who doesn't accept that, has not been on this planet long enough to judge.

Throwing up one example does not apply to all does it,
It's an extreme example. Who would have 7 kids these days? If they did, they deserve medals plus the money. I haven't read it and assume the story is from the sun.

7 kids growing up to be productive contributors to the country isn't terrible. The return on investment could be quite good. If we are to fight the russians, more bodies will come in handy - more chance of someone surviving the tsunami torpedo.

It's an extreme example. Who would have 7 kids these days? If they did, they deserve medals plus the money. I haven't read it and assume the story is from the sun.

7 kids growing up to be productive contributors to the country isn't terrible. The return on investment could be quite good. If we are to fight the russians, more bodies will come in handy - more chance of someone surviving the tsunami torpedo.
I think Putin has recently established a cash incentive to 'patriotic Russian mothers' to have as many children as possible.
The Nazi's made a similar pledge. Frau Goebbels had a gold pin as her reward for producing six children. Before she murdered them in the bunker.

7 kids growing up to be productive contributors to the country isn't terrible.
In which case, treat the handouts like student loans and require them to be paid back once the beneficiary starts earning and contributing.

In which case, treat the handouts like student loans and require them to be paid back once the beneficiary starts earning and contributing.
There is no possible way this could be a bad idea. None at all. :oops:

More goods more consumption in many ways is more appropriate. Eg If the masses went back to using the bus we wouldn't need to switch to electric cars. This area makes deciding what items a person needs to own more difficult.

Population. Circumstances have an effect on the birth rate. In the UK the birth rate per woman was just short of 3 in the early 60's. In 2020 it was 1.56. Interestingly there were slight increases up to the banking crisis and then it started to fall again. France and the USA are loosely similar but have done a bit "better" at times. It doesn't take much of a brain to realise why it behaves like this. LOL Trump didn't do too well as their birth rate is very similar to ours. France a little better. It all comes down to affluence and in some respects a feeling of security. Immigration most certainly is also altered by this factor. More recently the desire for cheap labour.

Houses. Not all that long ago some excess garden space near where I live was bought up by a developer. The ground work took some months and then the actual houses appeared in a remarkably short period of time. Timber frame with a brick skin. The speed the skin went up really surprised me. Time is money so googled new build profits. % wise they were high, the more affluent the area the higher but not as much as this link suggests

Now why would this happen. One reason may be pricing on the basis of existing housing stock. The value of those is always increasing while building costs are decreasing. What a great ides to apply emergency interest rates to mortgages. Buy to rent mortgages wont have helped either. Add an en-suite which wont have added much to costs and charge even more. Omit building a wall and call it open plan same again. In some cases it will reduce building costs even more down to total size. LOL Reminds me of white bathrooms - means stockists stock less. It becomes fashionable.

Not going to bother going into changes in the leasehold area.

Fact is income level needs to keep up with living costs and it hasn't not even in the rent area. However Hovis advert types can continue considering ealier wonderful times as they tend to do and completely ignore a number of changes that have a significant impact on people. We have reached a stage where taxation is used to allow some people to live a reasonable life due to their income levels. That started a while ago,

Sponsored Links
Back