“Come to a Tory fundraiser and you too can have influence”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything suggesting that durhamplumber accepts any such thing. I see him commenting on the stance of two members.

Notch has posted three lies in this thread (so far). He and Gal are very quick to accuse others including politicians of lying but they're not averse to a bit of economy with the truth themselves. Pot. Kettle.

lol. Ceres the apologist.

Should Jenrick resign?

Sponsored Links
So what did Jenrick actually do?

Desmond put in a planning application for a large housing development in Tower Hamlets, called Westferry. The application was refused on both the architecture of the scheme and the fact that it didn't meet affordable housing quotas.

At the time, Tower Hamlets also had a policy change in the works which would have increased the payable rate of Community Infrastructure Levy on all future developments. There wasn't time for Desmond to alter his application and reapply without paying the new higher CIL bill- reported to be worth some £40m.

Desmond met Jenrick, showed him some promotional videos about Westferry on his phone, and in exchanges discussed seeking quick approval so he could avoid paying CIL at the new rate.

Jenrick did so despite, civil servants in his department making it explicitly clear that he was in the wrong to do so based on the merits of the application and the reasoning the council gave for refusing. Jenrick not only approved the scheme quickly enough to minimise CIL, but also approved it without the required affordable housing (worth another £60m or so to Desmond's bottom line).

Desmond would go on to make a £12k donation to Jenrick's local Conservative Party.

Jenrick has been forced to revoke his approval after his contact with Desmond came to light for reasons of "apparent bias". The scheme has not been reapproved since.

So should he resign?

Notch has posted three lies in this thread (so far).
no I have not.

I suggest you prove it or retract it.

He and Gal are very quick to accuse others including politicians of lying
this govt continuously lie and cheat -its hardly difficult to find examples.

you dont like because you are a Tory apologist, which is why you are:
"not averse to a bit of economy with the truth"

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...too-can-have-influence”.547858/#ixzz6Qf20Fmkb

Sponsored Links
You just proved it for me Ian.
ha ha you went away and tried to prove Id posted lies on here '3 times already' -but you cant, because I havent.

time for you to be a man and admit you were wrong.
what a weak man you are.

ha ha you went away and tried to prove Id posted lies on here '3 times already' -but you cant, because I havent.

what a weak man you are.
I'm afraid that ceres makes false allegations and either refuses to admit that he was wrong, or disappears for a while.
When his false allegations are proven to be false, he reverts to the last resort, insult and abuse.

Lal and Gal are as green as grass thinking some politicians are whiter than white...Proper Naivity..

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...too-can-have-influence”.547858/#ixzz6Qjw7aCBm
I don't see anything suggesting that durhamplumber accepts any such thing. I see him commenting on the stance of two members.
Not withstanding that your second statement is correct, and durhamplumber did indeed comment on two members, I think Sir Galahad was looking a bit deeper than the simple superficial statement of durhamplumber. Whereas you were merely taking his comment at that superficial level, and refusing to consider durhamplumber's motives. Perhaps he didn't have any. Perhaps his comment was an off-the-cuff response to Ellal and Sir Galahad, without any thought going into his comment.

However, I actually see two potential motives for durhamplumbers comment, the first is your approach, and the second perhaps that of ellal and Sir Galahad:
1 You shouldn't be surprised for such politicians accepting bribes. Lal and Gal are naive to assume that politicians are trustworthy.​
The problem with that argument is, how are we to know which politicians to trust not to accept bribes? And what to do with those that do, when they have been exposed? If we accept that politicians will accept bribes, and we still vote for them, what hope is there for democracy? To simply roll back the decision of the minister, to the situation that would have existed, if he had not acted corruptly, is absolutely insufficient. That kind of action will only occur when ministers are found out to have acted corruptly.
2 durhamplumber is indeed excusing a governmental minister for accepting bribes, and that minister continues to enjoy the support of the PM, and ellal and Sir Galahad must accept that.​
The problem with that approach is that both the minister and the PM are corrupt. In which case what hope is there for democracy?

refusing to consider durhamplumber's motives
dp was using basic dishonest debating -he does it all the time.

if you say 'Johnson is a liar', DP will say 'all politicians are liars'

his motivation is he is a Tory apologist.

what a weak man you are.

I'm weak, you're a liar. Blah, blah, blah.

NB: I go away in-between posts because unlike the internet warrior obsessives on here, I actually have a life. You know, one of those things that normal people have. :LOL:

I'm weak, you're a liar. Blah, blah, blah.

NB: I go away in-between posts because unlike the internet warrior obsessives on here, I actually have a life. You know, one of those things that normal people have. :LOL:
Ceres admits the following is untrue:

Notch has posted three lies in this thread (so far)

shall we put down to stupidity or dishonesty, Old Bean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ceres admits the following is untrue:

shall we put down to stupidity or dishonesty, Old Bean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wrong again sunshine. Didn't say it, not nowhere, no time, no how (oops, apol-ogies forgot that 'how' is offensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back