Diane Abbott - Twitter remark

But how can it be right/fair for one group of people to have an association that non black people cannot join? That's discriminatory surely?
Now how do you know that a non black person cannot join? Maybe nobody has tried :idea:
They actually do allow non black officers to join.

The National Black Police Association states that:
The NBPA is open to all in policing on application; there is no bar to membership based on colour.
They also state however that:
he National Black Police Association (NBPA) will work in the interests of the UK police services and be an integral partner to ensure equitable service for all, and for the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) staff who we represent.
So anyone can join regardless of colour but they only represent Black and Minority staff. So who 'represents' non black officers then? I can find no listing anywhere for an association of white police officers.

The NBPA seems a bit like the AA/RAC taking your subscription but only making call outs to owners of certain colour cars.

Sponsored Links
i love a good soap box me but clearly i havent got on one

its not my job to try and educate troglodytes.

ooooohh im terrified ...please not the old reverse psychology approach
the arguments are well known and have been well trodden on this site my understanding is that you are educated and should know better

he National Black Police Association (NBPA) will work in the interests of the UK police services and be an integral partner to ensure equitable service for all, and for the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) staff who we represent.
The highlighted section is unnecessary if they are ensuring equitable service "for all". :confused: Maybe, as police officers, they have a limited grasp of the language ;)

The highlighted section is unnecessary if they are ensuring equitable service "for all". :confused: Maybe, as police officers, they have a limited grasp of the language ;)
Now now.

Sponsored Links

your missing out the 'INEGTRAL PARTNER' bit

You should try telling Ms Diane Abbot that

why dont you?

Actually history shows us divide and rule was a very much used strategy by colonialists who were cough cough white in the main

She claims thats who she was speaking about not that i give a F**K

its not my job to try and educate troglodytes.
but you are suggesting that education needs to take place. So if you remind me what you is on about, I'll try on your behalf since it is my job;)

ooooohh im terrified ...please not the old reverse psychology approach
the arguments are well known and have been well trodden on this site my understanding is that you are educated and should know better
Worth a punt though ;) :LOL:

Diane Abbott can claim what she wants, but we know the original meaning of her post. She'll never admit it publicly now, but we all know, don't we. ;) ;) ;)

Actually history shows us divide and rule was a very much used strategy by colonialists who were cough cough white in the main
You have a highly selective and biased memory in your usage of "history". Such methodologies to overcome existing groups goes back way beyond the 19th and 20th centuries and involves peoples from a wide variety of relative indigenous backgrounds over several millenia. You may wish to study the Proto-Indo-European etymological base of the word "colony" as a starting point.

Did she just say sorry?

Oh yeah, thats fine then ehh?
No way Pedro - she should be hauled in front of the race relations board and made to explain her crass remarks.

Sponsored Links
Back