Diane Abbott - Twitter remark

Did she just say sorry?

Oh yeah, thats fine then ehh?
No way Pedro - she should be hauled in front of the race relations board and made to explain her crass remarks.

She made an unacceptable comment on a publicly accessible media, as do a few posters on DIYnot.

Should they also be hauled in front of the race relations board and be made to explain their crass remarks?

At least she had the graciousness to apologise and was rebuked by her leader. Do the posters on DIYnot apologise for their crass remarks? Are they rebuked?
No, they continue, and are allowed to continue, making crass remarks.

how do you know she graciously apologised? she was probably ordered to apologise to save her job, and just because she has apologised doesnt mean she doesnt mean what she said, she is a politician

Sponsored Links
She didn't even write her own apology - just read it.

At least she had the graciousness to apologise

how do you know she graciously apologised? she was probably ordered to apologise to save her job, and just because she has apologised doesnt mean she doesnt mean what she said, she is a politician

I think you mis-quote me in the first place. I think there is a subtle but important difference in "having the graciousness to apologise" and "graciously apologising".

Having said that I'm not bothered whether she was ordered to or did it on her own account. The fact remains is that she did apologise. My point was: how many posters on this site could match her for that? And should they be dragged before the Race Relations Board.?

I'm fully aware of politicians' sincerity and I'm no fan of Ms Abbott.
But at least she has apologised. I'm not holding my breath for the few posters on this site to apologise.

Sponsored Links
Diane Abbott is a black hypocrite. (and no I won't apologise, she's black and a hypocrite, so I'm quite correct on both counts)

Diane Abbott is a black hypocrite. (and no I won't apologise, she's black and a hypocrite, so I'm quite correct on both counts)

AND 99.9% of politicians are white and hypocrites and i think im correct on both counts also

She is black, that's an indisputable fact.
Your opinion is that she's a hypocrite. I wouldn't disagree.

You ought to be careful though. The two are distinct and any combination or suggested connection of causality could easily be a racist comment.

You are almost suggesting that there is a link, otherwise why mention the indisputable fact along with your opinion.

AND 99.9% of politicians are white and hypocrites and i think im correct on both counts also
You see spacecat specifically separated the two comments with a simple 'and' suggesting no causality, just a coincidence.
Although I think his statistics were way wide of the mark. ;)

You see spacecat specifically separated the two comments with a simple 'and' suggesting no causality, just a coincidence.
Although I think his statistics were way wide of the mark. ;)

But he didn't get the apostrophe in I'm.

About time you F@@ked off.
Your really destroying the Forum.

Not read anything of yours but your polluting the threads now.

She is black, that's an indisputable fact.
Your opinion is that she's a hypocrite. I wouldn't disagree.
Very true

You ought to be careful though. The two are distinct and any combination or suggested connection of causality could easily be a racist comment.
So, if she were White, would that be acceptable?

Someone had an avatar or whatever you call it. "don't argue with a fool, he'll beat you with experience and drag you down to his level"
Your all guilty :rolleyes:

Someone had an avatar or whatever you call it. "don't argue with a fool, he'll beat you with experience and drag you down to his level"
Your all guilty :rolleyes:
As a dole blugdeon ex con, you know the response you are going to get

You're all guilty :rolleyes:
If we are all guilty, then by implication blacks are guilty, which makes you a racist ;)

Which is, incidently, Abbott's foolish failings. If she had said that "people love playing divide and rule" then that would be fine, since it is true of most people (although they may wish to deny it :rolleyes:). Adding the "White" turned it into a racist connotation and demonstrates a curious and possibly worrying bit aspect of her psyche.

Sponsored Links
Back