1 light fitting removed, stops 1 working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I won't bore you with my tale of woe but due to a problem I have had to remove a kitchen ceiling light fitting (temporarily). It has 2 wires, connected with a block to the supply.
Now when I switch the lights on, one of the other lights doesn’t come on. There are 3 lights in a row, if the removed one is 3, 1 lights but 2 doesn’t. I’ve checked by swapping the bulbs between 2 & 3 but still the same. Could it be a continuity problem?
The setup is as it was when we bought the house so I don’t know what’s what or where above the plaster board ceiling.

Sponsored Links
I suspect a wire as worked loose somewhere. You'll have to look at all three fittings and see where it is.

Sponsored Links
Tell us what cables, and what wires you have emerging from them, and where they go to at the light you removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back