1 week training course in woodwork?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a training course for a complete beginner in woodwork, ideally a 1-week full time course to get me started? I'd like to do a sort of "summer school", and pick up the very basics for DIY.

I'm aiming to learn how to make simple furniture and the like - stools, coffee tables, boxes perhaps, that sort of thing. I have found a few "fine furniture" courses, but they are not only expensive, but also require you to go on a preparatory course about the tools. I don't want anything quite so far reaching - just "here's a piece of wood. This is how you shape it, and this is how you fix it to some other pieces of wood to make something. Now you try.".

http://www.woodworkshop.co.uk offer pretty much what I'm looking for, but the next course isn't until September, and they are some distance from me too :).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
your local council evening classes would be a good place to start

or indeed college courses
you can only make nice but quite basic and somtimes rustic[crued ]furniture without more than very basic tools and many many hours of mistakes[learning ;) ]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back