10 joints could lead to 14 years

johnny_t said:
Just my thoughts, but even though people like yourselves can use it without any ill-effects, there are also many people who can't. I remember a girl who I used to live in the same house as at University who could hardly count to 10 because of her excessive cannabis use.

Unfortunately, for the greater good, it should be kept illegal IMHO - the greater good requires that some people go without their fun to protect those that can't take it.....
Yes and I know loads of people that can't even control their bladder because of the amount of drink they have consumed. You will always have people that go too far. More of them with booze though.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
If you call me normal I'll be offended.

I'm very broadminded too - but that track seems to be leading society astray. It's time to get back to ordinary moral values.

joe
You sound like you have just put your name forward for local election. I will vote for you so you can be assured of one vote. :LOL: :LOL:

BE HAPPY

I fail to see that you could prove 'intent to supply' beyond reasonable doubt just because you exceeded an arbitury number (thats already been critised as being an unreasonable figure by those in the know)

Cannabis

Ministers propose 5g, or less than 1/5th of ounce - enough for 10-20 joints.

i must be putting far too much in :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
I fail to see that you could prove 'intent to supply' beyond reasonable doubt just because you exceeded an arbitury number (thats already been critised as being an unreasonable figure by those in the know)

Tell the speed camera people that you had no intent to speed - it won't help you.

joe

JohnD

"I knew people whose brains and bodies had been rotted by alcohol"

Good point ... :)

an excessive social drug/pill poppin in their youth ...;)

joe-90 said:
Tell the speed camera people that you had no intent to speed - it won't help you.

joe

I fail to see the connection, if you are caught speeding, its not intent to speed you are guilty of, its speeding, whether you intended to or not, but in drugs, unlike in speeding, intent to supply is an offence in its own right, whether you suceed in doing so or not, my point was having more or less than a specific number doen't automatically make or break that intent

Adam_151 said:
joe-90 said:

joe

I fail to see the connection, if you are caught speeding, its not intent to speed you are guilty of, its speeding, whether you intended to or not, but in drugs, unlike in speeding, intent to supply is an offence in its own right, whether you suceed in doing so or not, my point was having more or less than a specific number doen't automatically make or break that intent

But it's still an arbitrary number. Possess over a certain amount and you'll be charged with dealing. Are you saying that it's OK for a pusher to get away with carrying a kilo of heroin if he says that it's for his own use??

joe :cry:

joe-90 said:
Are you saying that it's OK for a pusher to get away with carrying a kilo of heroin if he says that it's for his own use??

If it was for his own use, then he should not be found guilty of intent to supply (but hmm, you just said he is a pusher, so if he is a pusher, then he is clearly guilty of supply and intent to supply)

The great difficulty is in proving intent, or lack of thereof, and a number alone can never do this

Adam_151 said:
joe-90 said:
Are you saying that it's OK for a pusher to get away with carrying a kilo of heroin if he says that it's for his own use??

If it was for his own use, then he should not be found guilty of intent to supply (but hmm, you just said he is a pusher, so if he is a pusher, then he is clearly guilty of supply and intent to supply)

The great difficulty is in proving intent, or lack of thereof, and a number alone can never do this

OK he's not a pusher. He's someone just arrested that says it's for his own use. Do you believe him? Or go by the 'arbitary figure'?

joe

joe-90 said:
Adam_151 said:
joe-90 said:

OK he's not a pusher. He's someone just arrested that says it's for his own use. Do you believe him? Or go by the 'arbitary figure'?

joe

whats that?

When people pick up on typos - you know you've got them on the run.

Try "arbitrary".

Now give me your answer.

joe

joe-90 said:

Try "arbitrary".

Now give me your answer.

joe

A whimsical remark ;)

If it was a small amount i would believe them yes why not.

joe-90 said:

Try "arbitrary".

Now give me your answer.

joe

I never noticed you spelt it wrong and i ask again what is it "'arbitary figure"

Sponsored Links
Back