100k tests

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty impressive ramp up. Did they fudge it? I certainly wasn’t convinced they’d hit the target. Either way it’s an impressive performance to hit a massive stretch target.

Sponsored Links
Make no mistake though, if we do hit the target, there are those on here who will somehow portray it as a failure.

Sponsored Links
anything over 90K or a 100K by 1st May (data released on 2nd) and I will say good enough as target essentially met.

Last edited:
Yep - me too. In business sometimes you set impossible targets, to see how close you can get.

But before the Neg'ers start. The commitment was:
The government is aiming to carry out 100,000 coronavirus tests a day in England by the end of April, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said, as he announced a "five-pillar" testing plan.
This was on the day, that 10,000 tests were being done.

Not
- 100,000 people
- 100,000 anti-body tests
- 100,000 driving tests.

The government is likely to meet or "come close" to its target of 100,000 daily coronavirus tests, Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick has said.

From BBC, a direct quote. If it refers to anything other than 'tests carried out', then it's a despicable use of wanque-words. If tests conducted, then kudos to everyone involved.

Sponsored Links
Back