Britain's utility companies..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not only are they slow in cutting prices, given the massive drop in wholesale gas prices .. but :-

"...a report has revealed Britain's utility companies have pocketed hundreds of millions of pounds, by charging customers for carbon credits they'd received for free..." Was this another EuroScam??

When pressed by Jon Snow Ch4 news last PM ... 'Miniband' failed, several times, to answer a direct question ... "Will HMG take steps to ensure the companies repay the £800,000,000 involved, to their customers?" Whilst HMG tacitly declare open season on it's citizen's wealth, I guess others will follow the lead.

Here is a good one .. What was it? "Do as I say, not as I do.."
[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6424115.stm]BBC science [/url] said:
Whitehall 'fails on eco-targets'
The DTI was one of the few to put in a "strong performance"
UK government departments failed to meet targets on cutting carbon emissions, waste and water use last year, a watchdog's annual report says.
The assessment of 19 departments by the Sustainable Development Commission found "patchy data and poor performance across most areas" - as it did in 2005...
Perhaps they need cameras and satellite tracking to assist them?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
empip said:

Is Land of Blair one those Islands. ?

It appears that wind farm owners are given "carbon credits" for every megawatt hour generated which can be used to offset taxes on their carbon fuelled power stations ( the ones that have to be kept ticking over in case there is a sudden drop in wind power ).

But they can also sell these "carbon credits" to others to enable them to run carbon fuelled stations with ""reduced" ( on paper ) carbon emissions.

And the government subsidies to build the turbines in the first place.

bernardgreen said:
empip said:

Is Land of Blair one those Islands. ?

Sort of pseudo, the only real beneficiaries are ex politicians on the old frontier gravy trail .... yeeha !

Wind farms I bet I live to see them as broken rusting eyesores ugh !! What about using the sea?

:cool:

I bet you're on several November 5th firework lighting teams empip. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back