10A vs 13A (treadmill)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I have no clue when it comes to these things so just thought I’d ask here!

My situation is:
I have a treadmill I got on Amazon at Christmas & my husband was unplugging it at the wall and a prong from the plug broke off! It said it was a 13A 250V power cable. Hes found a 10A 250V power cable from a tv, would this work in its place? The treadmill on Amazon says “max horsepower 1400 watts” just don’t want to do any damage etc! I could order a 13A 250V cable on Amazon but won’t be here til Monday and was hoping to get my weekend steps in!

Thank you in advance :)

Sponsored Links
More worrying though is why the prong broke off. You mean the plug end that goes into the wall?

More worrying though is why the prong broke off. You mean the plug end that goes into the wall?
Yeah! It was really surprising! The top prong bit of the plug completely came off! My husband had pulled the plug out of the wall and it snapped off I’ve never seen that before. It’s a cheapy treadmill from Amazon but it’s been fine but seeing that I was like oh jeez!

Sponsored Links
Often on cheapo plugs on things that do not actually need an earth connection the earth pin is made of some plastic material.
It can sometimes break off more easily than a metal one.
That can more easily constitue a danger - especially from a pull out leaving some earth pin in place therefore socket shutters open.
I cry away from anything having a plug with a plastic earth pin, however that can be difficult to achieve in a cheapo real world.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back