10mm double insulated tails in henleys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Just to see your opinions on this.
Started work on a local authority housing job. Wiring showers in highflats.

The spec is 2 way rcd enclosure with 40a mcb and the other way blanked off.
We are to use 10mm tails into henleys. 25mm tails in use for cu and 100a main fuse.
I say we should be using 25 as its 100a cutout. But foreman says its ok as it wont pull more than 40a.

I would agree with him if it was a 40a stand alone rcbo only. But the extra way leaves it open for they 10mms to be overloaded.

Thoughts please

Sponsored Links
Do you need a busbar, surely a 10mm link from the Rcd output to the Mcb would be neater

Use a 3 module enclosure? Though there weren't too many about last time I needed one.

Sponsored Links
A 2 pole 40A RCBO would be ideal.

Not likely the 10mm will be overloaded even if another circuit was installed, 10mm singles are rated to about 65A.

Use a 3 module enclosure? Though there weren't too many about last time I needed one.
Isn't that a "shower consumer unit"?

The one in the OP must be a "garage consumer unit" so probably won't work for showers. I suppose I'd better add a smiley. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back