10mm earth connection to incoming water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People,

My electrician has advised I need to run a 10mm earth connection from the property's incoming water pipe under the kitchen sink to the consumer unit area (he will connect it, presumably at MET).

He was very specific as to where the earth clamp should be fitted on the incoming water pipe. I cannot recall as to whether it was:-

1. On the tap assembly itself
2. The water pipe prior to arriving at the tap (exterior side).
3. The water pipe, following the tap (interior side).

Can anyone please advise and also if fitted to a pipe, what the max distance from the tap is

Kind Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
Consumer side of stop cock with 600mm and before any tee and after any insulating section.

Thankyou so much gents, your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
And before you fit the earth clamp, rub the pipe down with a piece of sandpaper, on the bit of the pipe where the earth clamp is going (so that the bit of pipe looks like new), this is so that the earth clamp will have good electrical contact with the water pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back