110mm Solvent Weld Reducers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right next to my shower tray there is a 110 mm soil pipe and i need to feed-in the 40mm waste pipe. Being in a recess, once it is connected up it is virtually inaccessible without taking the tray back out again. :-/

My question relates to the best type of reducer to go with i.e. solvent weld or compression?

The only issue I can see with the solvent weld is that I will have to be absolutely bang on with my pipework when I put it all together, which is no mean task in a recess. It is only a very short run and so there will be no flex in the pipe at all. Obviously I will only get one chance doing this.

As for the compression joint, I can obviously have a number of goes at it as well as rotate things around a bit if required. The bit I am not sure about is whether it is a good idea to use such a joint where it will be virtually inaccessible once it is all put together!? Is it likely to loosen itself off over time and cause me problems?

TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back