12Vdc SELV constant voltage powersupply

The problem I had when looking, was that there was no confirmation of SELV apart from some constant current supplies, but I did not want CC!
So really the suppliers should be a little more proactive and clarify if the item is specified as a SELV unit or not.
I obviously don't know which ones you've been looking at but, as an example (since I have several around), the Aurora DC constant-voltage LED supplies all seem to be explicitly marked as SELV ...

1656781844688.png

This one is only 800mA (at 12V DC), hence only 9.6W, but they do much bigger ones - which, I imagine, would also be marked as SELV - and you won't find much better a make than Aurora.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I seriously don't think anyone can draw any conclusions about the detailed shaped of a printed icon. The intention is clear. And they have a presence in Europe.

The C E mark looks dubious. Maybe the other marks are just as "optimistic"
Good grief - oh ye of little faith!!

As I said, I think one would struggle to find a more reputable and respected global company than Aurora, so I seriously doubt that they are in the business of faking 'CE' marks! If you don't trust Aurora, which (if any) company would you trust?!

In any event, as you are aware, the CE mark (however printed), per se, is not really all that relevant, since it merely indicates self-declared conformity with relevant European Standards.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I seriously don't think anyone can draw any conclusions about the detailed shaped of a printed icon. The intention is clear. And they have a presence in Europe.
Quite so. ... and I think that "a presence in Europe" is a bit of an understatement. As far as I am aware, they have a very significant 'presence' in most significantly-populated continents and, if I recall correctly, I think their Head Office is in the UK.

... and, as we've both said, and despite the fact that some people seem to get excited about it, I don't really think that the shape of the CE mark is "either here or there". Quite apart from everything else, one imagines that a competent 'deliberate faker' would be more than capable of reproducing the mark/logo 'perfectly', to the satisfaction of bernard (and others)!!

Kind Regards, John

Quite apart from everything else, one imagines that a competent 'deliberate faker' would be more than capable of reproducing the mark/logo 'perfectly', to the satisfaction of bernard (and others)!!
So, why is a competent genuine manufacturer not capable of reproducing it perfectly?

Do you have the same attitude toward banknotes?

So, why is a competent genuine manufacturer not capable of reproducing it perfectly?
Well, they obviously could/should be. However, assuming that they are confident that the product is CE-conformant (and could produce their declaration certificates if requested), maybe they are not particularly fussed about the shape of their CE mark? A bit 'lazy', perhaps, but maybe they don't even realise that some people get excited about its precise appearance - after all, I've never seen or heard anyone complaining/commenting on the (perfect or otherwise) shape etc. of any other symbol which appears on electrical items, have you?
Do you have the same attitude toward banknotes?
Not really, because they have so many 'security features' that it is clearly the case that very few people would be capable/competent to reproduce them perfectly (or, at least, 'perfectly enough' for them to be essentially indistinguishable from the real thing).

In contrast, getting the shape of a CE symbol 'right' is so simple (no more difficult than getting it 'wrong') that I would expect anyone wanting to 'fake' it could do an essentially 'perfect' job (just as bernard presumably could).

Kind Regards, John

Over the years my faith has been eroded.
Understandably - but, as I've said, I really do think that, on this occasion, your concerns are unnecessary and rather 'OTT' :)

... or, to put it another way, if your concerns persist, I would think that you probably should completely abandon the concept of 'faith' - since if you do not 'have faith' in Aurora, I can't see why you would "have faith" in any other manufacturer (even if they reproduced the CE symbol 'perfectly - just as you or I could do!).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back